In a call scheduled for January 25, 00:30 am GMT+2, Microsoft will publish the company's earnings for the final quarter of 2022 and comment on the results, projections, and outlook for the nearest future of the company.
EUR/USD: bearish forecasts
2021-01-19 • Updated
EUR/USD has started the week on the negative footing as
- the market sentiment turned to risk-off amid vaccine delays and rising cases in Eurozone,
- markets await the ECB meeting on Thursday, which is unsatisfied with too high EUR,
- the EUR has a historical tendency to drop after US inaugurations,
- and bearish technical signals.
Most analysts foresee that EUR/USD will inevitably dip to 1.2000 over the coming days. However, it should be just a short corrective pullback ahead the pair continues further rallying upwards.
ING: “Wrapping up, ongoing Italian political uncertainty and a steadier dollar could briefly see EUR/$ trade 1.1980”.
Nordea Markets: “More often than not (9 out of 12 times), EUR/USD drops in the aftermath of a presidential inauguration. We are less gullible buyers of risk for now, but would consider using levels around 1.1950 in EUR/USD to go long again”.
- The divergence between RSI and price may warn of the market reversal. When the new high of the price is not confirmed by the new high in the RSI, it’s a bearish divergence, which is a negative signal.
- The bearish divergence will be also confirmed if we look at the MACD indicator. Elsewhere, MACD has approached the zero line. Once it crosses it, it will be e bearish signal as well.
- The key support area is 1.1950-1.2000. If the pair drops to this level, it shouldn’t fall further. The reverse to the upside will be expected.
In a call scheduled for January 25, 00:30 am GMT+2, the Tesla Inc. team will publish the company's earnings for the final quarter of 2022 and comment on the results, projections, and outlook for the nearest future of the company.
The Netflix stock (NFLX), with a market cap of $145.17B and a whooping 10 000+% rise since its inception 16 years ago, experienced some turbulence for a short period last year while trading around the $250 share price. However, the NFLX stock quickly recovered and rose to over $300 towards the end of the previous quarter of 2022.
On Thursday, the 2nd of February, the Bank of England will publish its report concerning interest rates and inflation data for the Eurozone. Professionals and investors anticipate that Andrew Bailey’s lead team of policy makers will likely raise interest rates to 4%; the highest in over a decade, for the tenth time in a row.
The first FOMC meeting comes after a buildup of anticipation from traders and investors alike, as the markets await what posture the Fed will take regarding the interest rates; would there be a hike or a cut in interest rates?
Western countries are trying to find other options for oil and gas supplies after a 10th package of sanctions, which will put more pressure on Russian oil and decrease global oil supply. Italy, for example, is in talks with Libya.