Asian shares scaled a record high on Friday on growing prospects of a large U.S. economic stimulus package, while hopes that coronavirus vaccine rollouts will boost the global economy underpinned investor sentiment.
EUR/USD is very bullish in the long-term
2020-11-20 • Updated
Ichimoku Kinko Hyo
GBP/JPY: The pair is trading above the cloud. An upward pressure would lead the pair to exit further the cloud, confirming a bullish outlook.
XAG/USD: Silver is struggling to move higher and it is trading on the 23.6% retracement area.
EU Market View
Asian equity markets traded with a non-committal tone as participants reflected on the choppy price action stateside. Looking ahead, highlights from macroeconomic calendar include UK retail sales, Eurozone consumer confidence, ECB's Lagarde, Fed's Kaplan, Barkin, George speeches. Investor sentiment was also hit by data that showed COVID-19 hospitalisations across the United States jumped by nearly 50% in the last two weeks, threatening the recovery of the world's largest economy as cities and states began to impose lockdowns.
California on Thursday imposed a curfew on social gatherings and other non-essential activities in one of the most intrusive of the restrictions being ordered across the country to curb an alarming surge in infections. All three major US stock indexes, however, got a healthy boost overnight after Senate Democratic Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said Republican Majority Leader Mitch McConnell had agreed to revive talks to craft a new fiscal relief package.
EU Key Point
- UK October retail sales come at +1.2% vs -0.3% m/m than expected
- ECB president Lagarde to speak later in the session
- Germany reports record 23,648 new coronavirus cases in latest update today
- Hong Kong to do mandatory COVID-19 testing for those showing symptoms
- Japan's Kagawa prefecture to cull 850,000 chickens after bird flu outbreak
- US hits a record daily high for COVID-19 cases with 185,000 new infections Thursday
- Georgia to certify Biden as winner of the state on Friday, Michigan and Pennsylvania to follow on Monday
EUR/AUD rose to 1…
US markets are closed for Thanksgiving on Thursday, that's why the volatility falls. However, there are still some interesting movements!
Amazon's stock is calming down. Is it before a bullish storm?
The mix of economic reports from Canada and the USA will have a huge impact on the pair! Get ready with us!
GBP/USD is heading for the fifth week of gains. Will the rally up continue or stop?