U.S. stocks are seen opening mixed Thursday, pausing around record highs as investors await more fresh news on Covid-19 vaccines and potential fiscal stimulus.
EUR/USD very little changed since this morning
2020-10-30 • Updated
Ichimoku Kinko Hyo
EUR/JPY: The EUR/JPY pair has just surpassed the Tenkan sen level. A failed attempt to move higher will lead the pair into fresh lows.
US Market View
- EUR/USD very little changed since this morning trading at the area of 1.1680, while USDJPY is trading at 104.50
- Wall Street was set to tumble again on Friday, triggered by a sell-off in tech heavyweights following their underwhelming business updates, with a record rise in coronavirus cases and nerves over the presidential election adding to a downbeat mood.
- Apple fell 4% in trading before the opening bell after it posted the steepest drop in quarterly iPhone sales in two years due to the late launch of new 5G phones.
- Amazon fell 1.7% after it forecast a jump in costs related to COVID-19 and Facebook shed 1.5% as it warned of a tougher 2021.
- Google parent Alphabet Inc climbed 7% after it beat estimates for quarterly sales as businesses resumed advertising.
A tentative mood was seen in Asia-Pacific bourses following the flat performance on Wall Street, whilst Chinese Caixin Services PMI printed its second-highest reading in a decade.
The USD has become soft. What's the tactical outlook against its main counterparts?
Amazon's stock is calming down. Is it before a bullish storm?
The mix of economic reports from Canada and the USA will have a huge impact on the pair! Get ready with us!
GBP/USD is heading for the fifth week of gains. Will the rally up continue or stop?