Gold regained above $1900/Oz during yesterday’s trading, reaching as high as $1910 but it failed to sustain these gains during the Asian session today, leading to another leg lower back below $1900/Oz.
S&P 500: two scenarios
2021-03-11 • Updated
The stock market seems to be on a bullish track now. The S&P bounced upwards from the support of 3870 where the three Moving Averages were converging and currently is flirting with the four-week resistance of 3935. What to do now?
Mid-term action plan
Watch how the index behaves against the resistance of 3935
- Factor in a possible downward reversal at 3935 like it happened on February 25
- Noting that we’re in a bullish trend now, if a bounce downwards happens, it will likely send the index either to the support of 3900 or 3870 before bulls take over again
- If no bearish reversal pattern forms on lower timeframes around the resistance of 3935, it’ll likely be crossed
- Assume that upon crossing, the S&P 500 will go straight to 3960
- At the resistance of 3960, a reversal downwards may happen – factor in this potential and prepare the support of 3935
USD/CAD declined once again to the same support area between 1.2040 and 1.2020 which remains solid for over three weeks now.
The US Dollar Index tested the higher line of its downtrend channel on the daily chart but failed to breakout, following the disappointment of the 2nd reading of Q1 GDP.
These days, investors’ attention is on Microsoft ahead of the company’s Windows 11 event on June 24.
EUR/USD found support at 1.1845 and is currently trading just below the 61.8% Fibonacci retracement of the March-May advance at 1.1920.
NZD/USD has returned above the 50-week MA at 0…