When is Forex market open?
FX market is open 24 hours a day, 5 days a week. There are trading sessions which correspond to the time during which stock markets are open in a particular region of the world. Usually, trade volume is higher at the intersection of the sessions. FX day always begins in Australia and New Zealand and then spreads to Asia. After that it’s the turn of Europe and, finally, the United States and Canada join in.
You can trade anytime you wish during the working week. You can open your currency position for a couple of hours or even less (intraday trading) or for a couple of days (long-term trading) – just as you see fit.
Approximate time of trading sessions (GMT)
Trading Schedule for Different Instruments
You need to keep in mind that the trading schedule differs for different types of instruments. While most Forex pairs are open for trading non-stop from Monday to Friday, there are some exceptions. Such instruments as metals, oil, gas, US stocks, and indices are also traded from Monday to Friday, but their trading hours are different. Cryptocurrencies are available for trading throughout the whole week. You can check the exact trading hours for any instrument you can trade with FBS in the table below.
2022-08-03 • Updated
Other articles in this section
- How to open a trade in MetaTrader?
- How much money do I need for Forex trading?
- Forex Demo Account
- How to determine position size?
- Leverage and margin. How can you use them in Forex trading?
- What Are Rollover and Swap and How to Use Them When Trading?
- Transaction, profit, loss. Types of orders
- Economic calendar
- Bid and Ask price. Spread
- Calculating profits
- What are Lots, Points, and Leverage
- How to trade?
- What are currencies, why do they come in pairs, and that pair types are there?
- Technical trading tools you need to explore Forex market
- The advantages of Forex trading
- What Is Forex