The ECB Monetary Policy Meeting Accounts will be released at 14:30 MT on January 16
5 important events this week will bring us!
- British CPI (Wed, 11:30 MT (9:30 GMT time)) – According to forecasts, the indicator of consumer inflation will reach 2.0%. Higher figures will be supportive for the British pound.
- Canadian CPI (Wed, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT time)) – Analysts anticipate the level of CPI for Canada to advance by 0.1%. If the actual figures are higher, the loonie will rise.
- FOMC rate statement (Wed, 21:00 MT (18:00 GMT time)) – The Federal Open Market Committee will release its monetary policy statement and announce the official rate. No changes to the current interest rate are expected. However, as the worries about the rate cut keep circulating, the projections by the Fed on the future changes to its monetary policy will be in the main focus of traders.
- The Monetary policy statement by the Bank of Japan (Thu, MT time morning hours) – If the most dovish central bank provides more hawkish comments this time, the JPY will go up.
- The monetary policy summary by the Bank of England (Thu, 14:00 MT time) – The interest rate is expected to stay at the same level of 0.75%. We need to pay attention to the tone of the statement amid the political uncertainties.
- According to US Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, there are low chances that the trade deal between the US and China will be reached during the meeting between US president Donald Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping at G20 meeting in Osaka later this month.
- Bitcoin has reached the last May’s highs on Monday. The oldest crypto has been trading near the $9,300 level. Analysts mention the anticipation of Litecoin’s halving and the introduction of Facebook crypto as the bullish news which driving the digital asset.
- The crude oil futures have fallen down at the beginning of the week on the comments by the Saudi Energy Minister Khalid Al-Falih. He expressed hopes to extend output cuts by OPEC+ into the second part of the year.
We expect the US-China phase one trade deal to be signed on Wednesday and multiple important indicators for the USD. Plus, it is the first week of the earnings reports
The British yearly CPI will be released at 11:30 MT on January 15
Netflix releases its Q4'2019 earnings report on Tuesday at 13:00 MT (11:00 GMT). Are you ready to trade stock on it?
The Bank of Canada (BOC) will release its rate statement alongside the monetary policy report during its meeting on January 22 at 17:00 MT time.
Events in Libya pushed the oil price up. So what's the strategy to benefit from it?