How Energy Crisis Affects German PMI August 23, 2022, 10:30 GMT+3 Germany will publish Flash Manufacturing PMI data on Tuesday, August 23, at 10:30 MT time (GMT+3)…
5 important events this week will bring us!
- British CPI (Wed, 11:30 MT (9:30 GMT time)) – According to forecasts, the indicator of consumer inflation will reach 2.0%. Higher figures will be supportive for the British pound.
- Canadian CPI (Wed, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT time)) – Analysts anticipate the level of CPI for Canada to advance by 0.1%. If the actual figures are higher, the loonie will rise.
- FOMC rate statement (Wed, 21:00 MT (18:00 GMT time)) – The Federal Open Market Committee will release its monetary policy statement and announce the official rate. No changes to the current interest rate are expected. However, as the worries about the rate cut keep circulating, the projections by the Fed on the future changes to its monetary policy will be in the main focus of traders.
- The Monetary policy statement by the Bank of Japan (Thu, MT time morning hours) – If the most dovish central bank provides more hawkish comments this time, the JPY will go up.
- The monetary policy summary by the Bank of England (Thu, 14:00 MT time) – The interest rate is expected to stay at the same level of 0.75%. We need to pay attention to the tone of the statement amid the political uncertainties.
- According to US Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, there are low chances that the trade deal between the US and China will be reached during the meeting between US president Donald Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping at G20 meeting in Osaka later this month.
- Bitcoin has reached the last May’s highs on Monday. The oldest crypto has been trading near the $9,300 level. Analysts mention the anticipation of Litecoin’s halving and the introduction of Facebook crypto as the bullish news which driving the digital asset.
- The crude oil futures have fallen down at the beginning of the week on the comments by the Saudi Energy Minister Khalid Al-Falih. He expressed hopes to extend output cuts by OPEC+ into the second part of the year.
Russian-Ukrainian conflict is influencing every economic aspect…
Last week was very interesting for the markets, as we saw the releases of the US Inflation and Disney’s earnings report. So let's see what we should await this week!
Main news that will drive the market in the upcoming week include CB Consumer Confidence Index, Canadian GDP, and US Core PCE Price Index
The Federal Reserve (Fed) will announce its Interest Rate Decision and make a statement about the future monetary policy on Wednesday, September 21, GMT+3. After the higher-than-expected inflation numbers published on September 13, there’s almost no doubt the Federal Reserve will come up with another 75-basis-point rate hike. However, surprised by the CPI numbers, several Fed members announced the possibility of a 100-basis-point rate hike on Wednesday.
Every week we expect many interesting events that can shake the market.