Read the daily news and get the fresh tech analysis of EUR/USD, USD/JPY, and gold!
5 important events this week will bring us!
- US retail sales and core retail sales (Tue, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT time)) – According to analysts, both headline and core retail sales will advance by 0.1%. Higher figures will boost the USD.
- Speech by the Fed Chair Jerome Powell (Tue, 20:00 MT (17:00 GMT time)) – If Mr. Powell provides supportive comments for the USD this time, the US dollar will go up.
- British CPI (Wed, 11:30 MT (8:30 GMT time)) – The indicator is expected to increase by 2%. If the actual release outperforms the forecasts, the GBP will rise.
- Australian jobs data (Thu, 4:30 MT (1:30 GMT time)) – Analysts anticipate the slowdown in the employment change (from +42.3K last time to +9.1K) and the stable level of the unemployment rate at 5.2%. If the actual figures of employment change are higher and the unemployment rate is lower than the forecasts, the Australian dollar will move up.
- Canadian core retail sales (Fri, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT time)) – The indicator is forecast to increase by 0.3%. Greater figures will be positive for the loonie.
- After the release of Chinese GDP growth showed the slowdown, reaching only 6.2%, US President Donald Trump tweeted that China wants to make a trade deal soon.
What's moving markets on Friday? What is the hottest news? Let's find out!
What's moving markets on Thursday? Jump in and you'll get the full market wrap!
Read the daily report to get the full market wrap!
The European Central Bank is holding a meeting on April 22 at 14:45 MT time. What to watch?
The Bank of Canada (BOC) will publish the rate statement and the update on the interest rate on April 21, at 17:00 MT time.