What's moving markets on Thursday? Jump in and you'll get the full market wrap!
5 important events this week will bring us!
- RBNZ rate statement (Wed, 5:00 MT (2:00 GMT) – The market anticipates a rate cut by 25 basis points from 1.5%. If it happens and the statement is dovish, the NZD will fall.
- Speech by the RBA governor Philip Lowe (Fri, 2:30 MT (23:30 GMT)) – After the RBA kept its interest rate unchanged on Tuesday, it would be interesting to hear his comments on the further steps by the bank.
- British GDP growth (Fri, 11:30 MT (8:30 GMT)) – Analysts anticipate the level of GDP growth to advance by 0.1%. Higher figures will be positive for the British pound.
- British manufacturing production (Fri, 11:30 MT (8:30 GMT)) – According to the forecasts, the indicator will decline by 0.1%. If the actual level is higher, the GBP will go up.
- Canadian employment data (Fri, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT)) – If the employment change is higher and the unemployment rate is lower than the forecasts, the CAD will rise.
US retail sales will be out on Thursday, April 15, at 15:30 MT. It is a significant release for traders as it will impact the US dollar.
The Reserve Bank of New Zealand will hold a meeting on Wednesday, April 14, at 05:00 MT.
In this article, you'll find the list of the hottest stocks to trade on April 19-23, which will publish their earnings!
While Citigroup reports better-than-expected quarterly data, it is also aims at restructuring its global presence. What will be the impact?
What's moving markets on Friday? What is the hottest news? Let's find out!