Russian-Ukrainian conflict is influencing every economic aspect…
5 important events this week will bring us!
- RBNZ rate statement (Wed, 5:00 MT (2:00 GMT) – The market anticipates a rate cut by 25 basis points from 1.5%. If it happens and the statement is dovish, the NZD will fall.
- Speech by the RBA governor Philip Lowe (Fri, 2:30 MT (23:30 GMT)) – After the RBA kept its interest rate unchanged on Tuesday, it would be interesting to hear his comments on the further steps by the bank.
- British GDP growth (Fri, 11:30 MT (8:30 GMT)) – Analysts anticipate the level of GDP growth to advance by 0.1%. Higher figures will be positive for the British pound.
- British manufacturing production (Fri, 11:30 MT (8:30 GMT)) – According to the forecasts, the indicator will decline by 0.1%. If the actual level is higher, the GBP will go up.
- Canadian employment data (Fri, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT)) – If the employment change is higher and the unemployment rate is lower than the forecasts, the CAD will rise.
Last week was very interesting for the markets, as we saw the releases of the US Inflation and Disney’s earnings report. So let's see what we should await this week!
The volatility that the markets experienced last week promises the second tidal wave! What should your favorite assets anticipate during the first week of February?
The United States will publish the Preliminary GDP on Thursday, May 26, at 15:30 GMT+3.
The Reserve Bank of New Zealand will publish a monetary policy report and make an update on the interest rate on May 25, at 05:00 GMT+3.
The Australian Bureau of Statistics will announce the updated Unemployment Rate and Employment Change data on Thursday, May 19, at 04:30 MT.