The overall market sentiment is risk-on. The S&P 500 index (US 500) is getting close to the all-time high. Oil is recovering quickly from its recent losses.
5 important events this week will bring us!
- RBNZ rate statement (Wed, 5:00 MT (2:00 GMT) – The market anticipates a rate cut by 25 basis points from 1.5%. If it happens and the statement is dovish, the NZD will fall.
- Speech by the RBA governor Philip Lowe (Fri, 2:30 MT (23:30 GMT)) – After the RBA kept its interest rate unchanged on Tuesday, it would be interesting to hear his comments on the further steps by the bank.
- British GDP growth (Fri, 11:30 MT (8:30 GMT)) – Analysts anticipate the level of GDP growth to advance by 0.1%. Higher figures will be positive for the British pound.
- British manufacturing production (Fri, 11:30 MT (8:30 GMT)) – According to the forecasts, the indicator will decline by 0.1%. If the actual level is higher, the GBP will go up.
- Canadian employment data (Fri, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT)) – If the employment change is higher and the unemployment rate is lower than the forecasts, the CAD will rise.
Today the Fed will make a policy statement at 21:00 GMT+3. This event will affect all the currency pairs with the USD and thus almost the all Forex market!
What will happen? The FOMC statement will be published at 21:00 MT (GMT+3) on Wednesday, July 28…
Hong Kong stock index extended a decline sparked by China’s tech crackdown. Tesla posted better-than-expected results. Jump in!