Pay attention to the news from the UK and Italy
5 important events this week will bring us!
- RBNZ rate statement (Wed, 5:00 MT (2:00 GMT) – The market anticipates a rate cut by 25 basis points from 1.5%. If it happens and the statement is dovish, the NZD will fall.
- Speech by the RBA governor Philip Lowe (Fri, 2:30 MT (23:30 GMT)) – After the RBA kept its interest rate unchanged on Tuesday, it would be interesting to hear his comments on the further steps by the bank.
- British GDP growth (Fri, 11:30 MT (8:30 GMT)) – Analysts anticipate the level of GDP growth to advance by 0.1%. Higher figures will be positive for the British pound.
- British manufacturing production (Fri, 11:30 MT (8:30 GMT)) – According to the forecasts, the indicator will decline by 0.1%. If the actual level is higher, the GBP will go up.
- Canadian employment data (Fri, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT)) – If the employment change is higher and the unemployment rate is lower than the forecasts, the CAD will rise.
On Tuesday, crypto assets dived, with Bitcoin decreasing below the psychologically crucial $5,000 mark for the first time this year…
In July, Britain's inflation rate rallied for the first time in 2018, thus leaving many UK households feeling quite squeezed by prices, soaring at nearly the same tempo as their wages…
Welcome to Tuesday, people! Here’s your markets update ahead of the European trading session.