The Australian unemployment rate will be released on August 13 at 4:30 MT time!
5 important events this week will bring us!
- RBNZ rate statement (Wed, 5:00 MT (2:00 GMT) – The market anticipates a rate cut by 25 basis points from 1.5%. If it happens and the statement is dovish, the NZD will fall.
- Speech by the RBA governor Philip Lowe (Fri, 2:30 MT (23:30 GMT)) – After the RBA kept its interest rate unchanged on Tuesday, it would be interesting to hear his comments on the further steps by the bank.
- British GDP growth (Fri, 11:30 MT (8:30 GMT)) – Analysts anticipate the level of GDP growth to advance by 0.1%. Higher figures will be positive for the British pound.
- British manufacturing production (Fri, 11:30 MT (8:30 GMT)) – According to the forecasts, the indicator will decline by 0.1%. If the actual level is higher, the GBP will go up.
- Canadian employment data (Fri, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT)) – If the employment change is higher and the unemployment rate is lower than the forecasts, the CAD will rise.
The US dollar edged higher, while gold dipped down. Let’s discuss main news and market movements in detail.
The market sentiment improved after the USA reported some decreasing in coronavirus hospitalizations. Gold dropped below $2 000 and the US dollar dipped down, while stocks surged. Let’s have a closer look.
Follow the report on August 14 at 15:30 MT time!
The market sentiment switched to risk-on. The US dollar is dipping down, while riskier assets are rising, especially the Australian dollar after the positive employment data. All eyes on US unemployment claims.
Everyone is talking about a stock split of Tesla. What is it?