The United States will release the weekly Unemployment Claims on October 21, at 15:30 MT time (GMT+3).
5 important events this week will bring us!
- ANZ Business confidence of New Zealand (Thu, 4:00 MT (1:00 GMT) time) – Higher-than-expected figures will push the NZD up.
- Private capital expenditure of Australia (Thu, 4:30 MT (1:30 GMT) time) – According to the forecasts, the indicator will advance by 0.4%. If the actual level outperforms the forecasts, the AUD will rise.
- US preliminary GDP (Thu, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT) time) - The indicator is expected to increase by 2%. If the actual level is higher, the USD will be supported.
- Canadian GDP (Fri, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT) time) – Analysts expect the Canadian GDP growth to advance by 0.1%. The higher-than-expected level will be appreciated by the USD bulls.
- Personal spending of the US (Fri, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT) time) – The level of personal spending is forecast to advance by 0.5%. As usual, higher figures may push the greenback up.
The Fed is ready to start tapering in November. Since the markets were expecting this and it wasn’t a surprise, the USD slumped allowing risk-on currencies and gold to rally up.
US Retail Sales will be out on October 15 at 15:30 MetaTrader time (GMT+3).
Last week was full of surprises! Stock indices have shown significant growth…
The US dollar is heading to close the seventh day in the red as it remains under selling pressure. The US data at 15:30 GMT+3 (jobless claims and Philly Fed Manufacturing Index) may support the greenback if it's strong.
Canada will publish the Retail Sales and Core Retail Sales on October 22, at 15:30 MT time (GMT+3).