Hong Kong stock index extended a decline sparked by China’s tech crackdown. Tesla posted better-than-expected results. Jump in!
5 important events this week will bring us!
- FOMC meeting minutes (Wed, 21:00 MT (18:00 GMT)) – If the release contains any hawkish hints on the further Fed’s decisions, the USD will go up.
- Speech by the Fed Chair Powell (Wed, 18:00 MT (15:00 GMT)) – If the Fed Chair provides hawkish comments, the USD will be supported.
- British GDP and manufacturing production (Thu, 11:30 MT (8:30 GMT)) – According to the forecasts, GDP growth is expected to remain at the same level, while the indicator of manufacturing production is forecast to increase by 0.1%. If the actual figures are higher, the British pound may get a positive momentum.
- US CPI and core CPI (Thu, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT)) – The indicator of a headline consumer inflation is anticipated to increase by 0.1%, while its core level (without food and energy prices) is going to increase by 0.2%, according to analysts. Higher-than-expected figures will be good for US dollar.
- Canadian employment change and unemployment rate (Fri, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT)) – If the actual level of employment change is higher and the unemployment rate is lower than the forecasts, the Canadian dollar will rise.
- The British pound is awaiting the Brexit court ruling on legislation called “the Benn Act”. It requires the Government to either reach a deal or get Parliament’s approval for a no-deal Brexit by October 19.
- The US-China trade talks are expected to continue on Thursday and Friday in Washington.
The overall market sentiment is risk-on. The S&P 500 index (US 500) is getting close to the all-time high. Oil is recovering quickly from its recent losses.
PMI reports from the EU, the UK, and the USA will be released during the day!
The Fed held a much-awaited meeting yesterday. The bank hasn’t made any policy changes. As a result, the USD weakened and EUR/USD rocketed. Jump in to know all the latest news!
What will happen? The US Q2 Gross Domestic Product will be announced at 15:30 MT time (GMT+3) on Thursday, July 29…
Today the Fed will make a policy statement at 21:00 GMT+3. This event will affect all the currency pairs with the USD and thus almost the all Forex market!