The overall market sentiment is risk-on. The S&P 500 index (US 500) is getting close to the all-time high. Oil is recovering quickly from its recent losses.
5 important events this week will bring us!
- Monetary policy meeting minutes by the RBA (Tue, 02:30 MT time (00:30 GMT)) – If the RBA is positive concerning the current economic outlook, the AUD will rise.
- Canadian CPI growth (Wed, 15:30 MT time (13:30 GMT)) – According to the forecasts, the inflation rate will advance by 1.9%. Higher-than-expected figures will boost the Canadian dollar.
- FOMC meeting minutes (Wed, 21:00 MT time (19:00 GMT)) – If the release contains more hints concerning the future easing, the USD will fall.
- ECB monetary policy meeting accounts (Thu, 14:30 MT time (12:30 GMT)) – If the European central bank is hawkish in its report, the EUR will be supported.
- Canadian core retail sales (Fri, 15:30 MT time (13:30 GMT)) – Analysts expect the indicator to remain at the same level. If the actual level is higher, the Canadian dollar will go up.
- The British pound has risen on the news that the Brexit party has stood down from the 43 additional seats in the Parliament. Previously, it rejected to contest the seats which belong to the Conservative party.
- According to the comments by the ECB vice president Luis de Guindos, the recession in the Eurozone seems to be an unlikely event.
- The American and Chinese trade negotiators held constructive discussions on Saturday to reach the phase one trade deal. It resulted in the risk-on sentiment in the markets.
What will happen? The FOMC statement will be published at 21:00 MT (GMT+3) on Wednesday, July 28…
Hong Kong stock index extended a decline sparked by China’s tech crackdown. Tesla posted better-than-expected results. Jump in!
This week Apple, Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Pfizer, and other large US companies will deliver earnings reports…