Several largest American companies will publish their financial results this week. BTCUSD and XAUUSD are skyrocketing. What's going on in the markets?
5 important events this week will bring us!
- British average earning index (Tue, 11:30 MT) – According to the forecasts, the indicator will reach 3.4%. If the actual figures are higher, the GBP will be supported.
- Canadian CPI (Wed, 15:30 MT) – Higher than expected level of consumer inflation will be positive for the loonie.
- US retail sales and core retail sales (Wed, 15:30 MT) – Analysts anticipate the headline retail sales to advance by 0.2%. As for its core level, it will likely increase by 0.7%. As usual, higher figures will be appreciated by the USD bulls.
- Australian jobs report (Thu, 4:30 MT) – The level of employment change is expected to rise by 15,200 jobs. At the same time, the level of the unemployment rate is forecast to remain at the same level of 5%. If the actual level of employment change is higher and the unemployment rate is lower than the expectations, the AUD will be supported.
- Speech by the BOC governor Stephen Poloz (Thu, 18:15 MT) – The Bank of Canada’s governor will be holding a press conference in Ottawa. He may provide some supportive comment for the Canadian dollar.
- During the weekend, the US president Donald Trump continued to pressure China after the US raised tariffs on $200 billion of Chinese goods on Friday. He said that the deal would be far worse for China is his second term. The Chinese side said that it "deeply regrets" the US decision to hike tariffs and will apply countermeasures. As a result, the risky assets fell down. At the same time, the USD/CNH pair has jumped to its highest level since January. However, the trade negotiations keep going. The presidents of the two leading economies are expected to meet during the G20 summit, but now we may only wonder how many surprises the sides will bring to the market until then.
- The Saudi energy minister said that two of its vessels were targeted in an attack on Sunday.
- The ministers of the British Cabinet want the Prime Minister Theresa May to stop the cross-party talks and start indicative votes in the Parliament.
- The bullish market is confirmed: Bitcoin has risen above $7,000 during the weekend. The total market capitalization reached $200 billion. Analysts see one of the main reasons in Fidelity, the famous financial institution, buying and selling Bitcoin.
The dollar's status as the world's reserve currency could only be recovered if the US controls its spending. The huge budget deficit and rising interest rates on the US national debt should scare every American, analysts say. Read the full report to learn more!
The Japanese yen fell to its lowest level against the US dollar in 33 years. Read the full report to learn the next target for USDJPY!
The US stock market fell in the third quarter. What's going on and why economists think that the last quarter will be better? Let's discuss it all here.
BlackRock CEO forecasts the Fed may have to raise rates further. The US dollar index (DXY) gains 130 points today. Read the full report to get more fresh news and technical analysis!