Pay attention to the news from the UK and Italy
5 important events this week will bring us!
- US retail sales and core retail sales (Tue, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT time)) – According to analysts, both headline and core retail sales will advance by 0.1%. Higher figures will boost the USD.
- Speech by the Fed Chair Jerome Powell (Tue, 20:00 MT (17:00 GMT time)) – If Mr. Powell provides supportive comments for the USD this time, the US dollar will go up.
- British CPI (Wed, 11:30 MT (8:30 GMT time)) – The indicator is expected to increase by 2%. If the actual release outperforms the forecasts, the GBP will rise.
- Australian jobs data (Thu, 4:30 MT (1:30 GMT time)) – Analysts anticipate the slowdown in the employment change (from +42.3K last time to +9.1K) and the stable level of the unemployment rate at 5.2%. If the actual figures of employment change are higher and the unemployment rate is lower than the forecasts, the Australian dollar will move up.
- Canadian core retail sales (Fri, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT time)) – The indicator is forecast to increase by 0.3%. Greater figures will be positive for the loonie.
- After the release of Chinese GDP growth showed the slowdown, reaching only 6.2%, US President Donald Trump tweeted that China wants to make a trade deal soon.
On Tuesday, crypto assets dived, with Bitcoin decreasing below the psychologically crucial $5,000 mark for the first time this year…
In July, Britain's inflation rate rallied for the first time in 2018, thus leaving many UK households feeling quite squeezed by prices, soaring at nearly the same tempo as their wages…
Welcome to Tuesday, people! Here’s your markets update ahead of the European trading session.