Russian-Ukrainian conflict is influencing every economic aspect…
5 important events this week will bring us!
- US retail sales and core retail sales (Tue, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT time)) – According to analysts, both headline and core retail sales will advance by 0.1%. Higher figures will boost the USD.
- Speech by the Fed Chair Jerome Powell (Tue, 20:00 MT (17:00 GMT time)) – If Mr. Powell provides supportive comments for the USD this time, the US dollar will go up.
- British CPI (Wed, 11:30 MT (8:30 GMT time)) – The indicator is expected to increase by 2%. If the actual release outperforms the forecasts, the GBP will rise.
- Australian jobs data (Thu, 4:30 MT (1:30 GMT time)) – Analysts anticipate the slowdown in the employment change (from +42.3K last time to +9.1K) and the stable level of the unemployment rate at 5.2%. If the actual figures of employment change are higher and the unemployment rate is lower than the forecasts, the Australian dollar will move up.
- Canadian core retail sales (Fri, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT time)) – The indicator is forecast to increase by 0.3%. Greater figures will be positive for the loonie.
- After the release of Chinese GDP growth showed the slowdown, reaching only 6.2%, US President Donald Trump tweeted that China wants to make a trade deal soon.
Last week was very interesting for the markets, as we saw the releases of the US Inflation and Disney’s earnings report. So let's see what we should await this week!
The volatility that the markets experienced last week promises the second tidal wave! What should your favorite assets anticipate during the first week of February?
The US Census Bureau will announce Core Retail Sales and Retail Sales on Tuesday, May 17 at 15:30 MT.
The US PPI will come out on Thursday, May 12, at 15:30 MT time.
The US CPI will come out on Wednesday, May 11, at 15:30 MT time (GMT+3).