How Energy Crisis Affects German PMI August 23, 2022, 10:30 GMT+3 Germany will publish Flash Manufacturing PMI data on Tuesday, August 23, at 10:30 MT time (GMT+3)…
5 important events this week will bring us!
- British average earnings index (Tue, 11:30 MT (8:30 GMT) time) – According to the forecasts, the indicator is expected to advance by 3.7%. Higher figures will be positive for the British pound.
- US CPI and core CPI (Tue, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT) time) – The headline indicator is forecast to increase by 0.3%. At the same time, its core level is expected to increase by 0.2%. Higher-than-expected indicators will push the USD up.
- British CPI (Wed, 11:30 MT (8:30 GMT) time) – As for the British indicator of consumer inflation, it is expected to rise by 1.9%.
- Australian jobs data (Thu, 4:30 MT (1:30 GMT) time) – We anticipate the level of employment change for Australia to boost by 14.2 thousand jobs with the unemployment rate staying stable at 5.2%. Higher figures of employment change and lower unemployment rate are desired for the AUD bulls.
- US retail sales and core retail sales (Thu, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT) time) – The level of retail sales is forecast to increase by 0.3%, while core retail sales will likely advance by 0.4%.
Russian-Ukrainian conflict is influencing every economic aspect…
Last week was very interesting for the markets, as we saw the releases of the US Inflation and Disney’s earnings report. So let's see what we should await this week!
Main news that will drive the market in the upcoming week include CB Consumer Confidence Index, Canadian GDP, and US Core PCE Price Index
The Federal Reserve (Fed) will announce its Interest Rate Decision and make a statement about the future monetary policy on Wednesday, September 21, GMT+3. After the higher-than-expected inflation numbers published on September 13, there’s almost no doubt the Federal Reserve will come up with another 75-basis-point rate hike. However, surprised by the CPI numbers, several Fed members announced the possibility of a 100-basis-point rate hike on Wednesday.
Every week we expect many interesting events that can shake the market.