Last week was not full of events, but we still saw decent moves in the charts of majors, S&P500, NASDAQ, oil, and crypto. The upcoming week will bring even more volatility to your favorite assets!
5 important events this week will bring us!
- ANZ Business confidence of New Zealand (Thu, 4:00 MT (1:00 GMT) time) – Higher-than-expected figures will push the NZD up.
- Private capital expenditure of Australia (Thu, 4:30 MT (1:30 GMT) time) – According to the forecasts, the indicator will advance by 0.4%. If the actual level outperforms the forecasts, the AUD will rise.
- US preliminary GDP (Thu, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT) time) - The indicator is expected to increase by 2%. If the actual level is higher, the USD will be supported.
- Canadian GDP (Fri, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT) time) – Analysts expect the Canadian GDP growth to advance by 0.1%. The higher-than-expected level will be appreciated by the USD bulls.
- Personal spending of the US (Fri, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT) time) – The level of personal spending is forecast to advance by 0.5%. As usual, higher figures may push the greenback up.
The US will release the Philly Fed Manufacturing Index – the impactful event for the USD and thus for all the major pairs. It will be out on November 18 at 15:30 MT (GMT+2).
Hong Kong’s HK 50 index rose and the Chinese yuan edged up as traders assess the outcome of the first virtual meeting between US President Joe Biden and Chinese leader Xi Jinping.
The Eurozone will publish the Indicator of GfK Consumer Confidence on November 25, at 09:00 GMT+2.
The United States will publish the Federal Open Market Committee Meeting Minutes on November 24, at 21:00 GMT+2.
The United States will publish Flash Manufacturing and Services PMIs on Tuesday at 16:45 GMT+2.