The central banks' meetings will highlight the week as well as the PPI release
5 important events this week will bring us!
- Monetary policy meeting minutes by the RBA (Tue, 02:30 MT time (00:30 GMT)) – If the RBA is positive concerning the current economic outlook, the AUD will rise.
- Canadian CPI growth (Wed, 15:30 MT time (13:30 GMT)) – According to the forecasts, the inflation rate will advance by 1.9%. Higher-than-expected figures will boost the Canadian dollar.
- FOMC meeting minutes (Wed, 21:00 MT time (19:00 GMT)) – If the release contains more hints concerning the future easing, the USD will fall.
- ECB monetary policy meeting accounts (Thu, 14:30 MT time (12:30 GMT)) – If the European central bank is hawkish in its report, the EUR will be supported.
- Canadian core retail sales (Fri, 15:30 MT time (13:30 GMT)) – Analysts expect the indicator to remain at the same level. If the actual level is higher, the Canadian dollar will go up.
- The British pound has risen on the news that the Brexit party has stood down from the 43 additional seats in the Parliament. Previously, it rejected to contest the seats which belong to the Conservative party.
- According to the comments by the ECB vice president Luis de Guindos, the recession in the Eurozone seems to be an unlikely event.
- The American and Chinese trade negotiators held constructive discussions on Saturday to reach the phase one trade deal. It resulted in the risk-on sentiment in the markets.
Good Friday, traders! The markets are frozen ahead of today's NFP release at 15:30 GMT+2…
The USD weakened after Fed Chair Powell hinted at a slowdown of rate hikes, and stocks strengthened. What else is moving the markets today?
The ECB is expected to raise the interest rate to 1.5% and oil is falling
Good morning, our dear traders! Are you ready for the news that is worth following for trading today? Let’s see! Today’s events: 14:00 GMT+2, EUR, ECB President Lagarde Speaks 16:30 GMT+2 CHF, Gov Board Member Maechler Speaks Bitcoin’s…
It’s Wednesday, my fellow traders! The day is filled with news and events you need to know, and here’re some of them.