What's moving markets on Thursday? Jump in and you'll get the full market wrap!
5 important events this week will bring us
- British preliminary yearly GDP growth rate (Mon, 11:30 MT time (09:30 GMT)) – according to forecasts, the yearly GDP growth rate will be at 1.1% against the higher 1.3% previous mark. The GBP price shall not change much unless the release is higher than the expectation.
- New Zealand’s interest rate statement (Wed, 06:00 MT time (04:00 GMT)) – The Reserve Bank of New Zealand may lower the interest rate to 0.75% on Wednesday form the current 1% if they decide that the economy needs monetary stimulus. If the rate stays at 1%, the NZD shall rise.
- American Consumer Price Index (Wed, 18:30 MT time (16:30 GMT)) – The analysts anticipate the coming consumer price marks to be at 0.3% for the monthly CPI and 0.2% for the core monthly CPI. If the indicators are higher than the forecast, the USD shall gain strength.
- Australian jobs data (Thu, 05:30 MT time (03:30 GMT)) – The forecasted employment change is 16.2K against the previous 14.7K, while the unemployment is expected to stay unchanged at 5.2% in Australia. If the readings are better than the forecast, the AUD will rise.
- European quarterly GDP growth rate (Thu, 12:00 MT time (10:00 GMT)) – The quarterly GDP growth rate is expected to stay unchanged at 0.2%. The price of the euro shall not be affected unless the release is different from the forecast.
During the weekend the US president Trump made another worrying statement advising that China may be interested in the trade deal more than he is; on Tuesday he shall give another speech to clarify the US-China trade war positioning
US retail sales will be out on Thursday, April 15, at 15:30 MT. It is a significant release for traders as it will impact the US dollar.
The Reserve Bank of New Zealand will hold a meeting on Wednesday, April 14, at 05:00 MT.
In this article, you'll find the list of the hottest stocks to trade on April 19-23, which will publish their earnings!
While Citigroup reports better-than-expected quarterly data, it is also aims at restructuring its global presence. What will be the impact?
What's moving markets on Friday? What is the hottest news? Let's find out!