Today traders await the US inflation data to be out at 15:30 MT. Jump in to get fresh trade ideas for today!
5 important events this week will bring us
- American Quarterly GDP Growth Rate 2nd Est, Consumer Spending data, Durable Goods Orders (Wed, 15:30 MT time (13:30 GMT)) – U. S. consumer spending data is due Wednesday, along with GDP, jobless claims and durable goods. The forecast for the quarterly GDP growth rate is 1.9%. Higher-than-expected index values will boost the US dollar.
- European Business Confidence index (Thu, 12:00 MT time (10:00 GMT)) – The previous level of the indicator was -0.19, while the expectation for the coming one is -0.24. The euro will gain strength if the actual indicator is higher than the forecast.
- British GfK Consumer Confidence (Fri, 02:01 MT time (00:01 GMT)) – The forecast for the British Consumer Confidence index is -14. If the actual one outperforms that, the British Pound will be supported.
- Japanese Consumer Confidence (Fri, 07:00 MT time (05:00 GMT)) – The Japanese Consumer Confidence index is expected to show a slightly lower 35.4 value against the previous 36.2. If the indicator outperforms the prognosis, the Japanese yen will rise.
- Canadian Monthly GDP Growth Rate (Fri, 15:30 MT time (13:30 GMT)) – The analysts expect the monthly GDP growth rate in Canada to show a slightly better 0.2% against the previous 0.1%. If the actual level is higher than the forecast, the Canadian dollar will go up.
- Boris Johnson presented his election manifesto to the British Parliament on Sunday. He advised it is a “radical agenda” for the United Kingdom, and promised to present the Brexit agreement to the Parliament until December 25.
- China is strengthening intellectual property rights protection, as was revealed on Sunday. The equity markets in Asia have already shown a rise partly due to this advancement within the US-China trade talks.
The American inflation rate is announced on Tuesday at 15:30 MT. It’s an important event for traders as it will impact hugely currency pairs with the USD.
In this article, you'll find the latest news and tech analysis of EUR/USD, gold, and GBP/USD!
US retail sales will be out on Thursday, April 15, at 15:30 MT. It is a significant release for traders as it will impact the US dollar.
As the earnings season kicks in, JPMorgan is the first to impress us with the better-than-expected data!
The Reserve Bank of New Zealand will hold a meeting on Wednesday, April 14, at 05:00 MT.