The USA will publish unemployment claims on October 22 at 15:30 MT time. How to trade after the release?
5 important events this week will bring us
- American Quarterly GDP Growth Rate 2nd Est, Consumer Spending data, Durable Goods Orders (Wed, 15:30 MT time (13:30 GMT)) – U. S. consumer spending data is due Wednesday, along with GDP, jobless claims and durable goods. The forecast for the quarterly GDP growth rate is 1.9%. Higher-than-expected index values will boost the US dollar.
- European Business Confidence index (Thu, 12:00 MT time (10:00 GMT)) – The previous level of the indicator was -0.19, while the expectation for the coming one is -0.24. The euro will gain strength if the actual indicator is higher than the forecast.
- British GfK Consumer Confidence (Fri, 02:01 MT time (00:01 GMT)) – The forecast for the British Consumer Confidence index is -14. If the actual one outperforms that, the British Pound will be supported.
- Japanese Consumer Confidence (Fri, 07:00 MT time (05:00 GMT)) – The Japanese Consumer Confidence index is expected to show a slightly lower 35.4 value against the previous 36.2. If the indicator outperforms the prognosis, the Japanese yen will rise.
- Canadian Monthly GDP Growth Rate (Fri, 15:30 MT time (13:30 GMT)) – The analysts expect the monthly GDP growth rate in Canada to show a slightly better 0.2% against the previous 0.1%. If the actual level is higher than the forecast, the Canadian dollar will go up.
- Boris Johnson presented his election manifesto to the British Parliament on Sunday. He advised it is a “radical agenda” for the United Kingdom, and promised to present the Brexit agreement to the Parliament until December 25.
- China is strengthening intellectual property rights protection, as was revealed on Sunday. The equity markets in Asia have already shown a rise partly due to this advancement within the US-China trade talks.
Canada’s retail sales will be out on October 21 at 15:30 MT time. Get ready with us for this event!
The market is resilient ahead of the speeches of Fed’s Powell and ECB President Lagarde, but there are still interesting movements.
The US Department of Justice thinks 87% a market share is too much for Google alone. The market thinks it's ok.
EU Flash Manufacturing & Services PMI will come out on Friday at 11:00 MT time!
Netflix stock price falls 5% on Tuesday. Why? Read the news.