Will the Fed Chair changes his views during the speech today?
5 important things this week will bring us!
What this week will bring us!
- British Average Earnings Index (Tue, 11:30 MT time) – the forecast is neutral. Only greater economic data will pull the GBP out of the negative area.
- British CPI (Wed, 11:30 MT time) – the forecast is encouraging. Will the GBP finally strengthen?
- US Retail Sales and Core Retail Sales (Wed, 15:30 MT time) – the forecast is mixed. Let’s see whether the actual data brings the USD to new highs.
- Australian Job data (Thu, 4:30 MT time) – the forecast is weak. Weak economic data will pull the AUD to lows of the end of 2016.
- Canadian CPI (Fri, 15:30 MT time) – the Canadian dollar needs support in times of the strong USD and the unstable oil market.
- The Turkish lira extends fall, as there is no progress in Turkish-US tensions. Early on Monday, USD/TRY broke above 7. Although the pair has been moving down up to now, the soon recovery of the lira is not anticipated.
- The fall of lira causes problems for the EUR. The European central bank is worried about the European banks’ exposure to Turkey. The euro is in the dangerous zone.
- The plunge of the Turkish lira caused a fall of the emerging market currencies. The South African rand and Mexican peso significantly fell early on Monday. The further escalation of Turkish-US tensions will pull EM currencies further down.
On Tuesday, crypto assets dived, with Bitcoin decreasing below the psychologically crucial $5,000 mark for the first time this year…
In July, Britain's inflation rate rallied for the first time in 2018, thus leaving many UK households feeling quite squeezed by prices, soaring at nearly the same tempo as their wages…
Welcome to Tuesday, people! Here’s your markets update ahead of the European trading session.