The Bank of Canada will publish the rate statement together with the interest rate on October 28, at 17:00 MT time.
5 important things this week will bring us!
What this week will bring us!
- British Average Earnings Index (Tue, 11:30 MT time) – the forecast is neutral. Only greater economic data will pull the GBP out of the negative area.
- British CPI (Wed, 11:30 MT time) – the forecast is encouraging. Will the GBP finally strengthen?
- US Retail Sales and Core Retail Sales (Wed, 15:30 MT time) – the forecast is mixed. Let’s see whether the actual data brings the USD to new highs.
- Australian Job data (Thu, 4:30 MT time) – the forecast is weak. Weak economic data will pull the AUD to lows of the end of 2016.
- Canadian CPI (Fri, 15:30 MT time) – the Canadian dollar needs support in times of the strong USD and the unstable oil market.
- The Turkish lira extends fall, as there is no progress in Turkish-US tensions. Early on Monday, USD/TRY broke above 7. Although the pair has been moving down up to now, the soon recovery of the lira is not anticipated.
- The fall of lira causes problems for the EUR. The European central bank is worried about the European banks’ exposure to Turkey. The euro is in the dangerous zone.
- The plunge of the Turkish lira caused a fall of the emerging market currencies. The South African rand and Mexican peso significantly fell early on Monday. The further escalation of Turkish-US tensions will pull EM currencies further down.
The US dollar turned to the upside on Monday. Let's discuss what to expect next from the market.
Three main drivers of the market: the stimulus package, the US presidential election and the coronavirus. Let's look how market reacts.
The market sentiment deteriorated because of the election uncertainty and worries about rising virus cases all over the world. Let's make some analysis!
The focus of traders’ attention shifted from Brexit and the US stimulus to the coronavirus . The WHO claimed that Europe become the new Covid-19 epicenter.
Canada will publish the monthly GDP growth on October 30 at 14:30 MT time.