How Energy Crisis Affects German PMI August 23, 2022, 10:30 GMT+3 Germany will publish Flash Manufacturing PMI data on Tuesday, August 23, at 10:30 MT time (GMT+3)…
5 important things this week will bring us!
- British Inflation report hearings (Tue, 12:00 MT (10:00 GMT)) – the Bank of England Governor Mark Carney will testify on the current economic outlook and inflation. The hawkish hints may be supportive for the British pound.
- Testimony by the Fed Chair Jerome Powell (Tue, 17:00 MT (15:00 GMT)) – The Fed Chair will testify on the Semiannual monetary policy report. His comments and answers during the q&a may bring volatility to the USD.
- Canadian CPI m/m (Wed, 15:30 MT (13:30 GMT)) – According to forecasts, the consumer inflation will advance by 0.2%. If the actual figures are higher, the Canadian dollar will rise.
- US Advance GDP q/q (Thu, 15:30 MT (13:30 GMT)) – Analysts expect the indicator to reach 2.6%. Higher-than-expected data will boost the greenback
- Speech by the Fed Chair Jerome Powell (3:15 MT (1:15 GMT)) – the Fed Chair plans to make a speech on the topic “Recent Economic Developments and Longer-Term Challenges”. Let’s wait and find out how his comments will affect the USD.
- Theresa May postponed the Brexit vote scheduled for this week again. Now the next meaningful vote is set on March 12. That’s just two weeks before the final deadline on March 29. Reportedly, the government plans to delay Brexit for two weeks, if the British Prime Minister Theresa May cannot secure a deal by the meaningful vote. As for the EU side, the EU authorities suggest extending Brexit until 2021.
- During the early Asian trading session, US President Donald Trump announced his plans to postpone tariff hikes on China. It resulted in a great risk-on sentiment. The next focus for the trade truce now is on the meeting between Mr. Trump and Mr. Jinping during the 3rd or the 4th week of March.
Russian-Ukrainian conflict is influencing every economic aspect…
Last week was very interesting for the markets, as we saw the releases of the US Inflation and Disney’s earnings report. So let's see what we should await this week!
Main news that will drive the market in the upcoming week include CB Consumer Confidence Index, Canadian GDP, and US Core PCE Price Index
The Federal Reserve (Fed) will announce its Interest Rate Decision and make a statement about the future monetary policy on Wednesday, September 21, GMT+3. After the higher-than-expected inflation numbers published on September 13, there’s almost no doubt the Federal Reserve will come up with another 75-basis-point rate hike. However, surprised by the CPI numbers, several Fed members announced the possibility of a 100-basis-point rate hike on Wednesday.
Every week we expect many interesting events that can shake the market.