What's moving markets on April 22? Read the report to know!
5 important things this week will bring us!
- RBA rate statement (Tue, 5:30 MT (3:30 GMT) time) – The RBA Governor Philip Lowe is expected to leave the interest rate unchanged at 1.5%. However, the comments by him and the members of the Australian central bank may provide volatility to the Australian dollar.
- Australian GDP q/q (Wed, 2:30 MT (00:30 GMT) time) – According to analysts, the level of GDP growth for Australia will increase by 0.5%. Higher-than-expected figures will boost the Australian currency.
- BOC rate statement (Wed, 17:00 MT (15:00 GMT) time) – We anticipate no changes to the current level of interest rate (1.75%). The bank of Canada governor may throw some hints on the possible changes to the current monetary policy. If the BOC is hawkish, the Canadian dollar will rise.
- ECB rate statement and press conference (Thu, 14:45 and 15:30 MT (12:45 and 13:30 GMT) time) – Here we also do not expect changes to the current interest rate, but the ECB president Mario Draghi may comment on the further changes to the current monetary policy. If the European central bank is more confident in the current conditions, the euro will rise.
- US Non-farm employment change (NFP) (Fri, 15:30 MT (13:30 GMT) time) – Analysts forecast the level of NFP to increase by 185 thousand jobs. At the same time, the level of average hourly earnings is forecast to increase by 0.3% and the level of unemployment change is expected to decline to 3.9%. Higher figures for NFP and average hourly earnings and lower figures for unemployment rate will boost the USD.
- Pro-Brexiters in the Conservative party of Great Britain suggested several conditions for supporting Theresa May’s plan at the Parliament.
- Reportedly, China and the US are in the final stage of getting a trade deal. China offers to lower tariffs on American products and the US considers to remove sanctions against Chinese products.
- During the weekend Trump said that strong USD and rate hikes were hurting the economy.
Read the daily report to get the full market wrap!
Read the daily news and get the fresh tech analysis of EUR/USD, USD/JPY, and gold!
The greatest sale of Bitcoin keeps going.
Check our story about the stocks that have the potential to go either up or down big time! In this article, we'll tell you about Nvidia, Apple, Philip Morris, and Coinbase.
Once in a month, the euro has a very special day of increased volatility at the start of the European trading session.