Hong Kong stock index extended a decline sparked by China’s tech crackdown. Tesla posted better-than-expected results. Jump in!
Beating data from Microsoft and Google, Fed is eyed
- Microsoft and Google have published strong earnings data. Google gained from ad sales and internet search. Microsoft mostly benefited from the cloud-computing product, Azure and big gains for Xbox helped as well. Keep an eye on the charts of these stocks as they may rise today on the positive earnings data.
- S&P 500 (US 500) and NASDAQ (US 100), which include these stocks, are driving up. However, the rise is quite modest due to the drop of Tesla.
- Australia published worse-than-expected inflation data signaling Australia will lag major economies like the Fed. That pressed down the Australian dollar.
- The main focus of traders is on the Fed meeting today. According to Bloomberg, if the Fed changes the policy direction today or gives any sign of it, we might see a massive correction on the market. It’s a must-see event for traders. Don’t miss out!
- OPEC+ members claimed it would add more oil supply to the market as Chinese and US economies are recovering and the demand growth is widely expected.
USD/JPY has finally escaped the channel, breaking through its upper line. If it manages to break through the resistance zone of 109.00-109.15, it will rally up further to the early April highs of 109.90-110.00. However, since the RSI indicator is close to 70.00, the price is too high and the reverse down may happen soon. If it crosses yesterday’s low of 108.65, it will fall to the 50-period moving average of 108.25.
AUD/USD is falling on the poor inflation data. It’s getting closer to the lower line of Bollinger Bands of 0.7720. If it manages to break it, the way down to the chain of recent lows of 0.7700 will be open. The price shouldn’t break lower 0.7700 on the first try. The move above the midline of BB at 0.7760 will push the pair up to Monday’s high of 0.7800.
EUR/USD is edging higher inside the channel in the short term, but the long-term trend is still downward. Thus, if it breaks through 1.2110, it will push the pair further up to the two-months high of 1.2175. Support levels are the 100-day moving average of 1.2050 and the one-week low of 1.2000.
The overall market sentiment is risk-on. The S&P 500 index (US 500) is getting close to the all-time high. Oil is recovering quickly from its recent losses.
PMI reports from the EU, the UK, and the USA will be released during the day!
The Fed held a much-awaited meeting yesterday. The bank hasn’t made any policy changes. As a result, the USD weakened and EUR/USD rocketed. Jump in to know all the latest news!
What will happen? The US Q2 Gross Domestic Product will be announced at 15:30 MT time (GMT+3) on Thursday, July 29…
Today the Fed will make a policy statement at 21:00 GMT+3. This event will affect all the currency pairs with the USD and thus almost the all Forex market!