Greetings to a brand new week full of events, economic releases and US debt frictions. We are here to tell you everything you need to know!
Daily News: Monday, February 26
The US dollar could not continue its last week rise. Let’s look why.
- Tomorrow Mr. Powell will give his first speech as Federal Reserve Chairman (15:30 MT time). As traders are anticipating clues on US monetary policy, the US dollar is losing its positions. Powel seems to continue the Yellen policy, so the Fed will increase interest rates gradually.
- As the US dollar started Monday with the fall against the currency basket, the euro could stay steady. EUR/USD pair is rising, however, it is still moving in the channel of 1.2260-1.2360. The volatility is anticipated to continue until March 4, when results of two important for the EU elections (Italian parliamentary and German coalition) will be announced. Moreover, today we waiting for the ECB President speaks at 16:00 MT time that may affect the pair as well.
- The yen is appreciating against the US dollar again. The first reason is the dollar’s decline. The second one is hidden in the speech of the BOJ Governor Mr. Kuroda. He said that he has no plan to review the BOJ’s monetary policy. So the quantitative easing is continuing. The pair is near 106.5, moving to the crucial level of 106.
- Other currencies are also appreciating against the US dollar, however, no important events are anticipated in next couple of days.
- Gold is appreciating based on the US dollar’s decline too. Gold could recover after the worst week in more than two months. It is trading above 1340 an ounce.
- Oil was near its three-week highs supported by comments of Saudi Arabian Oil Minister. He hopes that the OPEC and its allies will be able to create frameworks to stabilize oil markets after the end of the output cuts policy at the end of 2018. So 2019 will bring an easing of the production constraints. However, oil is under the risk because of the worries over US crude production. Oil is already declining. So the volatility is high.
- Bitcoin is continuing to fall. It fell below an important level of $9,500 and now is trading near it. The next support lies at $8,300, so it has a long way to recovery. However, Bitcoin recently attracted new investors because of volatility on the stock market. So there are good chances for Bitcoin to come back above $10,000.
The US dollar index breaks one resistance after another. Read the report to learn the next target for the US dollar index!
The United States has one week before default, and NVIDIA may become the next Tesla. What else drives the market?
The situation on the labor market still looks optimistic. Today we expect the Unemployment rate data. 3.5% is expected.
The first day of June should’ve brought us the US default. Unsurprisingly, the US House passes the debt ceiling bill at the latest possible moment.
About 24% of global central banks intend to increase gold reserves in 2023. Rising inflation, geopolitical turmoil, and worries about interest rates are reasons to increase gold reserves.