The first part of the week was more than optimistic for Bitcoin. However, now it is going through the correction phase.
Daily News: Tuesday, January 16
While you were sleeping, important events happened in the financial world. Our short summing up will help you to be on top of things.
- The yen declined. Japanese authorities can limit the growth of the currency soon. USD/JPY recovered and tried to get to 111.00.
- The euro is steady. After the growth that was caused by optimism about the euro zone’s economic outlook and expectations for the European Central Bank to taper its quantitative easing the euro is calming down and falling to the dollar a little bit from 1.2280 to 1.2240.
- On Monday Sterling was above $ 1.38 for the first time since the decision of Brexit. Now it is falling waiting for the Consumer Price Index that will appear at 11.30 MT time.
- The People’s Bank of China lowered the interest rate on 63-day reverse repos, that brought it in line with other interbank rates.
- Bitcoin is sliding ($13211.25; -2.76%) again because of the comments about tax regulation, crypto exchange shut down, crypto measures, cryptocurrency trading ban of the South Korea’s Finance Minister.
- Cryptocurrency Hedge Funds gained 1,167% as a group in 2017. Bitcoin boom helped them to achieve such height.
- OPEC calls to shorten the oil production do not work. Brent crude price is sliding from the highest in three years in London.
On Wednesday, China posted shockingly weaker surge in retail sales as well as industrial output for April, thus increasing pressure on the Chinese cabinet to roll out more stimulus because the trade conflict with America escalates…
In April, American import prices surged less than anticipated in April due to the fact that jumps in the cost of food and petroleum were tamed by the largest tumble in the price of capital goods for a decade, dropping a hint at the fact that inflation…
On Monday, gold declined notwithstanding a lower American currency because data underpinned hopes for a Fed interest rate lift…
On Friday, European stock indices fluctuated at the beginning of the trading session…
The Reserve Bank of New Zealand will hold a meeting at 00:00 MT time on August 9.