Welcome to Tuesday!
Daily News: Tuesday, January 16
While you were sleeping, important events happened in the financial world. Our short summing up will help you to be on top of things.
- The yen declined. Japanese authorities can limit the growth of the currency soon. USD/JPY recovered and tried to get to 111.00.
- The euro is steady. After the growth that was caused by optimism about the euro zone’s economic outlook and expectations for the European Central Bank to taper its quantitative easing the euro is calming down and falling to the dollar a little bit from 1.2280 to 1.2240.
- On Monday Sterling was above $ 1.38 for the first time since the decision of Brexit. Now it is falling waiting for the Consumer Price Index that will appear at 11.30 MT time.
- The People’s Bank of China lowered the interest rate on 63-day reverse repos, that brought it in line with other interbank rates.
- Bitcoin is sliding ($13211.25; -2.76%) again because of the comments about tax regulation, crypto exchange shut down, crypto measures, cryptocurrency trading ban of the South Korea’s Finance Minister.
- Cryptocurrency Hedge Funds gained 1,167% as a group in 2017. Bitcoin boom helped them to achieve such height.
- OPEC calls to shorten the oil production do not work. Brent crude price is sliding from the highest in three years in London.
In July, Britain's inflation rate rallied for the first time in 2018, thus leaving many UK households feeling quite squeezed by prices, soaring at nearly the same tempo as their wages…
On Friday, the evergreen buck rallied versus its counterparts after data disclosed that the American economy generated more jobs than anticipated In October, thus backing the Fed’s case to proceed with gradual rate lifts…
On Tuesday, gold rallied because uncertainty over the latest developments in Britain’s departure from the EU backed safe haven demand and traders looked ahead for American inflation data to underpin the Fed’s pledge to remain on hold…