The Federal open market committee (FOMC) will make its monetary policy statement and announce the interest rate on March 20, 20:00 MT time.
Daily News: Tuesday, January 16
While you were sleeping, important events happened in the financial world. Our short summing up will help you to be on top of things.
- The yen declined. Japanese authorities can limit the growth of the currency soon. USD/JPY recovered and tried to get to 111.00.
- The euro is steady. After the growth that was caused by optimism about the euro zone’s economic outlook and expectations for the European Central Bank to taper its quantitative easing the euro is calming down and falling to the dollar a little bit from 1.2280 to 1.2240.
- On Monday Sterling was above $ 1.38 for the first time since the decision of Brexit. Now it is falling waiting for the Consumer Price Index that will appear at 11.30 MT time.
- The People’s Bank of China lowered the interest rate on 63-day reverse repos, that brought it in line with other interbank rates.
- Bitcoin is sliding ($13211.25; -2.76%) again because of the comments about tax regulation, crypto exchange shut down, crypto measures, cryptocurrency trading ban of the South Korea’s Finance Minister.
- Cryptocurrency Hedge Funds gained 1,167% as a group in 2017. Bitcoin boom helped them to achieve such height.
- OPEC calls to shorten the oil production do not work. Brent crude price is sliding from the highest in three years in London.
Did Bitcoin manage to recover and what was the hottest news in the crypto and blockchain world? Read and find out!
On Monday, Asian stocks traded mostly higher, with Shanghai bucking the trend because centrist Emmanuel Macron fully matched opinion survey hopes and left anti-EU far-right nominee Marine Le Pen behind…
Japan's March real wages went down at the fastest pace in nearly two years, weighed by minor nominal pay lifts as well as a moderate ascend in consumer prices, thus posing a setback for Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's tries to revitalize the Japanese…