In April 2018, Japanese exports in value terms managed to grow by 7…
Daily News: Tuesday, March 13
The US dollar index has increased since yesterday. It led to changes in markets. Let’s see.
- After the yesterday rally based on the US jobs data, Asian stocks showed mixed figures. The reason is today’s US inflation readings (at 14:30 MT time). CPI is one of the major indicators that determine the Fed’s monetary policy. According to forecasts, both headline CPI and core CPI are anticipated to be weaker.
- The greenback strengthened against the yen. The Japanese currency is falling because of a scandal with finance minister Aso related to the school land sale.
- The Australian dollar was not supported by today’s data. Business conditions showed the highest measure since 1997 when the monthly survey was introduced. However, business confidence fell (9 vs 11). AUD/USD is falling.
- The pound is falling ahead of the Spring Statement that the UK finance minister Mr. Hammond will present today at 13:30 MT time. Despite the fact that he moved the main budget announcement to the autumn and reduced the statement, we can anticipate updated economic and public finance forecast and ideas on possible tax reforms. Comments of the Office for Budget Responsibility on the Brexit divorce bill will affect the market. Moreover, this week EU27 government officials discuss the European Union’s Brexit position.
- The euro is quite lower today. No important data is anticipated on subsequent days. The pair is still moving in a range of 1.2260-1.2360.
- No more changes in currency pairs. The kiwi is continuing to rise, moving to the resistance at 0.7340. The loonie is depreciating against the greenback. The pair is continuing to move above the support line, now it is trading above 1.2850. The resistance lies at 1.29.
- Both oil benchmarks WTI and Brent fell on Tuesday after the Monday report of the Energy Information Administration. According to the EIA, crude production from seven major US shale formations will rise by 131,000 barrels per day in April. The latest weekly US production report will be published tomorrow at 16:30 MT time. Let’s follow.
UK finance minister Philip Hammond
The greenback is continuing to rise. The US dollar index has almost reached the level of $94.
In April, consumer prices excluding fresh food in Japan, which is the major indicator of inflation, closely watched by the country's major financial institution, rallied by 0…
America’s on the verge of starting an investigation into whether thermoplastic components utilized in some Japanese as well as German vehicles sold in the country violate its patent laws or not…
On Monday, gold headed south in European trade, making its way toward a three-week minimum after American congressional leaders came to an agreement to fund the government via the fall, thus easing worries as for a shutdown of the federal government…
On Tuesday, crude prices traded weaker because a poll on Chinese manufacturing came in weaker than expected and market participants looked ahead to American inventories on oil as well as refined products to set the overall tone…