The ECB Monetary Policy Meeting Accounts will be released at 14:30 MT on January 16
Daily News: Wednesday, January 24
The middle of the working week is a good time to gather past and future events, analyze and trade!
- USD/JPY pair is falling. Despite the BOJ report where the Bank announced stability of its loose monetary policy and unchanged interest rate, the price of USD/JPY is sliding down. The candlestick hit the support line of 110 and fell to 109.8. We are waiting for trading news.
- New high. EUR/USD pair achieved a new 3-year high of 1.2335. The depreciation of USD against the JPY affected the Fiber. Now the pair is falling, but let’s see where the pair will go.
- The Aussie, the loonie, and the kiwi are rising. The weakness of the US dollar supports other currencies. Despite the yesterday fall of Aussie, the Australian dollar is rising now and economists believe in bullish trend still. The Canadian dollar and the New Zealand dollar are growing stably.
- The World Economic Forum in Davos that started yesterday is continuing. Economists are waiting for Trump’s speech, supposing that it will give chances to USD to show a bit of life. More information about the WEF and Trump’s address you can find here
- An anticipated Chair of the Fed. As expected, Jerome H. Powell became the next chairman of the Fed. The majority of the US Senate voted to confirm him to this position. Expecting vectors of his policy, his background you can find here
- At the end, a positive forecast. Reuters poll predicts the global growth in 2018 that was not seen since 2010. It gives signals to invest in stocks and high-yielding currencies.
We expect the US-China phase one trade deal to be signed on Wednesday and multiple important indicators for the USD. Plus, it is the first week of the earnings reports
The British yearly CPI will be released at 11:30 MT on January 15
Netflix releases its Q4'2019 earnings report on Tuesday at 13:00 MT (11:00 GMT). Are you ready to trade stock on it?
The Bank of Canada (BOC) will release its rate statement alongside the monetary policy report during its meeting on January 22 at 17:00 MT time.
Events in Libya pushed the oil price up. So what's the strategy to benefit from it?