Several largest American companies will publish their financial results this week. BTCUSD and XAUUSD are skyrocketing. What's going on in the markets?
Fed Chair Speech and Earnings Season’s End on Tuesday
- US Census Bureau will publish monthly retail sales data. Analytics expect core retail sales to increase month-to-month, which is still a modest increase compared to July.
- At 08:30 GMT+3, Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell will make a speech. The markets wait for information about tapering plans. Investors are pretty sure that the US Federal Reserve System will reduce its QE program sooner than expected due to strong numbers.
- British pound is slowly plunging against strong USD after the UK’s second-quarter GDP report showing uncertainty in an interest rate rise until 2022.
- Following a flash crash early last week, gold has managed to recover well, with demand coming back amid some anxiety in the marketplace.
- Walmart and Home Depot will publish earnings reports today at 14:00 and 13:00 GMT+3 respectively, almost ending with earnings season.
- Asian stocks fell Tuesday as concerns about the impact of the delta coronavirus variant on global growth eclipsed a record-breaking run in the S&P 500. The dollar and Treasuries rose.
GBP/USD H4 chart
British Pound is in a range and has a chance to break through local minimums. If it plunges, the final support line will be 1.359
Support lines: 1.379, 1.3775 and 1.359
Resistance lines: 1.3880
XAU/USD 1H chart
There is a big chance for gold to plunge from the important 1800 line, so you can look for a short entry point here.
Support area: between 1770 and 1765.
Resistance area: between 1795 and 1800.
EUR/CHF Daily chart
Following last week’s plunge of the Swiss franc, the euro has started this week by falling sharply against it due to Delta’s impact on global economic growth.
Support lines: 1.072 and 1.067.
Resistance line: 1.0839.
The dollar's status as the world's reserve currency could only be recovered if the US controls its spending. The huge budget deficit and rising interest rates on the US national debt should scare every American, analysts say. Read the full report to learn more!
The Japanese yen fell to its lowest level against the US dollar in 33 years. Read the full report to learn the next target for USDJPY!
The US stock market fell in the third quarter. What's going on and why economists think that the last quarter will be better? Let's discuss it all here.
BlackRock CEO forecasts the Fed may have to raise rates further. The US dollar index (DXY) gains 130 points today. Read the full report to get more fresh news and technical analysis!