That day has come, guys! The Fed will hold a meeting at 21:00 GMT+3. It can be a highly impactful event. The markets expect the bank to hint about the timing of tapering.
Fed Chair Speech and Earnings Season’s End on Tuesday
- US Census Bureau will publish monthly retail sales data. Analytics expect core retail sales to increase month-to-month, which is still a modest increase compared to July.
- At 08:30 GMT+3, Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell will make a speech. The markets wait for information about tapering plans. Investors are pretty sure that the US Federal Reserve System will reduce its QE program sooner than expected due to strong numbers.
- British pound is slowly plunging against strong USD after the UK’s second-quarter GDP report showing uncertainty in an interest rate rise until 2022.
- Following a flash crash early last week, gold has managed to recover well, with demand coming back amid some anxiety in the marketplace.
- Walmart and Home Depot will publish earnings reports today at 14:00 and 13:00 GMT+3 respectively, almost ending with earnings season.
- Asian stocks fell Tuesday as concerns about the impact of the delta coronavirus variant on global growth eclipsed a record-breaking run in the S&P 500. The dollar and Treasuries rose.
GBP/USD H4 chart
British Pound is in a range and has a chance to break through local minimums. If it plunges, the final support line will be 1.359
Support lines: 1.379, 1.3775 and 1.359
Resistance lines: 1.3880
XAU/USD 1H chart
There is a big chance for gold to plunge from the important 1800 line, so you can look for a short entry point here.
Support area: between 1770 and 1765.
Resistance area: between 1795 and 1800.
EUR/CHF Daily chart
Following last week’s plunge of the Swiss franc, the euro has started this week by falling sharply against it due to Delta’s impact on global economic growth.
Support lines: 1.072 and 1.067.
Resistance line: 1.0839.
A selloff in stocks stopped. S&P 500 has reversed up from the 100-day moving average. It should be the perfect time to buy the index.
The FOMC, a committee within the Federal Reserve, will hold an important meeting and press conference on September 22 at 21:00 MT time (GMT+3).
The Fed can start tapering already this November, oil is rallying pushing the Canadian dollar up! Jump in to know more!
Germany, the leading economy in the Euro Zone, will reveal one of the key economic indicators – German Ifo Business Climate on September 24 at 11:00 MT time.
On Wednesday, September 22, Microsoft will be holding a product launch. The event starts at 18:00 GTM + 3.