Several largest American companies will publish their financial results this week. BTCUSD and XAUUSD are skyrocketing. What's going on in the markets?
Fed’s Rate Pause and UK Inflation Slows
Hello everyone! Welcome to Wednesday! Let's look at the market updates for the middle of the week.
- Today's main event for the markets is the FOMC Interest Rate Decision, where the US regulator is widely expected to keep the interest rate at the same level of 5.5%. At the same time, there's still room for a rate hike in November. The focus will be on the so-called dot plot, where the Fed officials will place their forecasts for interest rates. Meanwhile, the US Dollar index has reached the lower border of the ascending channel on H4, meaning it can bounce back to the upside.
- The inflation in the UK came out lower than expected (6.7% vs. 7%). The reason lies in the easing of food prices. This could lead the Bank of England to reconsider the path of interest rate hikes and even take a pause. GBPUSD plunged 0.44% following the release but managed to recover.
- According to the OECD, Germany faces the only contraction in any Group of 20 economies aside from Argentina this year, which cut its outlook through 2024.
- Elon Musk wants to make X accessible through subscription. The X owner said that the paywall may help eliminate the bots that have been the biggest problem for Musk for the last year.
- According to the RxR research, Ethereum trades 27% below its fair value.
- According to Citigroup, geopolitical tensions may temporarily push oil prices above $100. However, the additional supply from non-OPEC countries may hold a further upside for these instruments.
USDJPY technical analysis
USDJPY is trading within the ascending wedge. If it breaks below the 147.60 level, we may see a further downside to the support levels at 147 and 146.20. On the upside, a strong resistance lies at 148.
The dollar's status as the world's reserve currency could only be recovered if the US controls its spending. The huge budget deficit and rising interest rates on the US national debt should scare every American, analysts say. Read the full report to learn more!
Chinese investors are selling the UST. Meanwhile, the earning season continues. What's going on in the markets?
The Japanese yen fell to its lowest level against the US dollar in 33 years. Read the full report to learn the next target for USDJPY!
The US stock market fell in the third quarter. What's going on and why economists think that the last quarter will be better? Let's discuss it all here.
BlackRock CEO forecasts the Fed may have to raise rates further. The US dollar index (DXY) gains 130 points today. Read the full report to get more fresh news and technical analysis!