Bitcoin could not resist the $10,924 level and fell below the 50-day SMA on Tuesday.
Forex today: investors are waiting
The US dollar does not show any big movement. The greenback is again near $89.30. Today investors will look at two important data for the USD: Core Retail Sales and Retail Sales (15:30 MT time). If figures are greater than the forecast, the greenback has chances to rise.
- The USD/JPY pair is falling today. According to the poll, public support for Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's Cabinet has declined to 37.0%. Prime Minister’s cabinet is famous for its dovish policy. So, the news from Japan could encourage the yen. The support lies at 107. If the pair breaks it, the next level of the support (50-days MA) will lie at 106.75.
- The EUR/USD pair managed to break the resistance at 1.2347 and moved further. Now the pair is trading near the next resistance at 1.2365, if it is able to break it, the euro has chances to rise to 1.2386. No important data for the euro is anticipated in the next future days.
- The pound has gained momentum. The GBP/USD pair has broken the resistance at 1.4281. Now the pair is climbing to the next important level of 1.4327. No important data for the pound will be released today, however, tomorrow traders will pay attention to average earnings index. The forecast is greater than the previous figure, however, let’s look at the actual one.
- The Australian dollar is rising. However, its strength is not big. The AUD/USD pair is trading below the pivot point of 0.7773. If the pair is able to break this level, it will climb to 0.7797. However, there is a possibility that the AUD/USD pair will turn around soon. The 50-days MA has crossed the 100-days MA upside down signaling the downward movement.
Tomorrow the RBA will announce monetary policy meeting minutes. Let’s look if the aussie will react.
- The US, Britain, and France hit the territory of Syria on Saturday. Despite the escalation of the conflict in Syria, oil is declining. Last week oil reached the highest levels since December 2014. However, Monday is not so positive for the black gold. Brent fell from $72.58 to $71.60 a barrel; WTI that was near $67.80 declined to $66.50. It is a fact that investors started to fix their profit after such an incredible rise. Moreover, the number of oil rigs rose to 815, the highest number since March 2015.
- Bitcoin is declining again. On Monday the cryptocurrency has fallen below $8,000. The fall of the digital currency between the end of March - the beginning of April can be related to the tax season in the US. According to forecasts, after April 17 bitcoin will reach the bottom. The first support lies at $7,700. If bitcoin breaks it, the 200-hours Moving Average will be the next level of the support at $7,550.
There is no change in the direction of other currencies.
That is all for today. Follow markets news with us!
The level of retail sales released today came out lower than the forecasts.
Will Friday be more optimistic for the USD?
In July, Britain's inflation rate rallied for the first time in 2018, thus leaving many UK households feeling quite squeezed by prices, soaring at nearly the same tempo as their wages…
On Friday, the evergreen buck rallied versus its counterparts after data disclosed that the American economy generated more jobs than anticipated In October, thus backing the Fed’s case to proceed with gradual rate lifts…
On Tuesday, gold rallied because uncertainty over the latest developments in Britain’s departure from the EU backed safe haven demand and traders looked ahead for American inflation data to underpin the Fed’s pledge to remain on hold…