Coinbase Global Inc., the leading cryptocurrency exchange in the US, will go public on the Nasdaq index on April 14!
Forex today: markets are on holidays
- Oil is rising because of the drop in the US drilling activity.
WTI is slightly above $65.12 a barrel, Brent is climbing to $70.However, the oil market is still under pressure because of the concerns about the US-Iran nuclear deal and trade wars’ worries.
- The US dollar is a little bit lower today. Investors are waiting for ISM Manufacturing PMI data (17:00 MT time). The forecast is already lower than the previous data, if the actual one will be weaker than the forecast, it will push the greenback down.
Moreover, trade wars’ tensions are still an answered question.
- Today’s Tankan manufacturing index and non-manufacturing index data appeared to be weaker for the first time in two years. Large Japanese manufacturers displayed a concern because of the strong yen that negatively affects manufacturers.
The yen has left a few points but remained near 106. Let’s look if the US dollar finds a support to break the resistance at 106.50.
- The Australian dollar could not take an advantage of the US dollar’s weakness and lost some points. The AUD/USD pair is not showing a big movement because today is a bank holiday in Australia and New Zealand. However, we may see changes tomorrow and more likely they will not be in favor of the Aussie as the RBA is anticipated to keep the interest rate on hold (7:30 MT time). But let’s see, maybe we will hear something encouraging from Mr. Lowe.
- Bitcoin is standing still for the third day. The cryptocurrency managed to cross above the psychological level of $7,000, however, the break was not expansive. Maybe the first quarter’s results affected bitcoin. SEC’s restrictions, social networks’ bans, cryptocurrency exchanges’ hacking, and bitcoin futures had a negative impact on bitcoin during the quarter.
- As the US dollar is depreciating, all major currencies are catching a chance to strengthen their positions. There is no important data today. Moreover, do not forget that some markets are still on holidays. So trading volumes are anticipated to be low.
Today traders await the US inflation data to be out at 15:30 MT. Jump in to get fresh trade ideas for today!
The American inflation rate is announced on Tuesday at 15:30 MT. It’s an important event for traders as it will impact hugely currency pairs with the USD.
US retail sales will be out on Thursday, April 15, at 15:30 MT. It is a significant release for traders as it will impact the US dollar.
As the earnings season kicks in, JPMorgan is the first to impress us with the better-than-expected data!
The Reserve Bank of New Zealand will hold a meeting on Wednesday, April 14, at 05:00 MT.