Several largest American companies will publish their financial results this week. BTCUSD and XAUUSD are skyrocketing. What's going on in the markets?
Forex today: trade wars swing
- US-China trade wars worries slowed down as countries authorities calmed investors. The White House’s National Economic Council Director Larry Kudlow said: “Remember, none of the tariffs have been put in place yet. These are all proposals.” China’s ambassador to the U.S. declared that China is still aimed at negotiations.
- The US dollar gained after trade wars risks declined. The greenback managed to climb to 90. The resistance lies at 90.20. The market is waiting for the jobs’ data (Friday, 15:30 MT time). According to forecast, it will be weaker than the previous one. So the US currency may react negatively and come back to 89.50.
- The yen weakened. Yesterday the USD/JPY pair broke the resistance at 106.60 and moved further. The pair is trading above 107, the resistance lies at 107.35.
- Investors heaved a sigh of relief as trade tensions eased. As a result, stocks advanced.
- Oil slightly rose because crude oil inventories data showed negative figures (-4.6M actual vs 1.4M forecast). Brent is above $68, WTI is near $63.50. However, the rise is not significant, oil is still under pressure.
- The euro does not show big changes for past several days. Wednesday data could not support the single currency enough. The EUR/USD pair rose but could not break the high of the previous day and closed quite above the opening price. The consolidation within 1.2240-1.2350 may continue until US jobs’ data is released tomorrow.
- The pound slightly declined as the services PMI data appeared to be weaker than expected (51.7 vs 53.9). There is a high possibility that the sterling will continue to rise in the future. Moreover, the Bank of England is the next in the queue of the rate hikes. However, the economy should display encouraging figures.
- The Australian dollar is weak despite encouraging economic data. Retail sales figures (Wednesday) and trade balance data (today) appeared to be greater than expected. There is a possibility that the slowdown of the economic growth in China is affecting the aussie. Moreover, China and Hong Kong markets are on holidays today.
- The Canadian dollar lost positions after a great 2-days appreciation. Investors are looking for the trade balance data at 15:30 MT time today. The forecast is lower than the previous data. So there is a possibility that the USD/CAD will move further. The resistance lies at 1.28.
That is all for today. Follow markets news with us!
The dollar's status as the world's reserve currency could only be recovered if the US controls its spending. The huge budget deficit and rising interest rates on the US national debt should scare every American, analysts say. Read the full report to learn more!
Chinese investors are selling the UST. Meanwhile, the earning season continues. What's going on in the markets?
The Japanese yen fell to its lowest level against the US dollar in 33 years. Read the full report to learn the next target for USDJPY!
The US stock market fell in the third quarter. What's going on and why economists think that the last quarter will be better? Let's discuss it all here.
BlackRock CEO forecasts the Fed may have to raise rates further. The US dollar index (DXY) gains 130 points today. Read the full report to get more fresh news and technical analysis!