Several largest American companies will publish their financial results this week. BTCUSD and XAUUSD are skyrocketing. What's going on in the markets?
Forex today: why is the USD falling?
The dollar index is weakening today. There were several reasons for that. Let’s look.
- First of all, the new White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow announced that Mr. Trump will support a strong dollar, however, he also noticed that it will be a tougher policy in regard of China.
- Secondly, the US retail sales’ data was released yesterday. Although the figure was the same as in the previous month, it appeared lower than the forecast. As the retail sales were the last indicator before the Fed’s policy decision next week, a question on the more hawkish mood on future increases is still open.
- As the result of uncertainties about the Fed’s policy, Treasury yields fell.
- The yen is rising against the US dollar for the second day. The pair fell to 105.78 but could climb and now it is trading near 106. According to Fibonacci retracements, the support lies at 105.60.
- Despite a weaker data of the New Zealand GDP growth, the kiwi is rising. The falling US dollar is supporting this rise. The pair is trading around 0.7320.
- USD/CHF is standing still ahead of the announcement of the Swiss interest rate and the monetary policy assessment at 10:30 MT time. No changes in rate are anticipated, however, the Swiss National Bank can give some comments on the future monetary policy.
- Yesterday the euro declined to the support level at 1.2360 but could not break it that led to the slight strengthening of the euro. It is trading a few points above the support. However, no important data will be released today, so there is a chance that EUR/USD will break the support and fall further.
- Bitcoin is falling. The cryptocurrency plunged to $7,666. Now it is a little bit higher trading quite above $7,700. The support lies at $7,150, not so far for bitcoin price’s speed.
- There are no big movements of the other currency pair.
The dollar's status as the world's reserve currency could only be recovered if the US controls its spending. The huge budget deficit and rising interest rates on the US national debt should scare every American, analysts say. Read the full report to learn more!
Chinese investors are selling the UST. Meanwhile, the earning season continues. What's going on in the markets?
The Japanese yen fell to its lowest level against the US dollar in 33 years. Read the full report to learn the next target for USDJPY!
The US stock market fell in the third quarter. What's going on and why economists think that the last quarter will be better? Let's discuss it all here.
BlackRock CEO forecasts the Fed may have to raise rates further. The US dollar index (DXY) gains 130 points today. Read the full report to get more fresh news and technical analysis!