Today, two events will shake the US dollar. First, at 16:45 GMT+2, Markit, a statistical company, will release the US Flash Services PMI. Moreover, at 21:00 GMT+2, the Federal Reserve will release its meeting minutes.
Friday trades: Coinbase, gold, EUR/USD
What do you need to know on Friday?
- Disney has published mixed financial results: earnings were well above the forecasts, but revenue was slightly worse. Besides, growth in streaming subscribers was poor.
- Alibaba has revealed worse-than-expected earnings results yesterday. As a result, the stock price dropped to $204.00, the low unseen for almost a year.
- US jobless claims came out slightly less than forecast, which is good for the USA.
- Bitcoin has reversed up on Friday after the enormous drop yesterday, triggered by Musk’s tweet.
- Coinbase dropped by 6.5% in pre-hours trading today, after reporting that revenue and earnings came out slightly worse than expected.
EUR/USD has bounced off the 100-day moving average of 1.2050 and started edging higher. It may rise to the upper trend line of 1.2175, which the pair should fail to cross on the first try. On the flip side, if it drops below the 1.2050 support, it may fall to the low of May 5 at 1.2000.
Oil is trying to recover from yesterday’s losses. XBR/USD (UK Brent oil) has bounced off the lower trend line several times already, that’s why we would expect it to reverse from this lower trend line. On the way up, the oil will meet resistance levels at the 50-period moving average of $68.30 and the psychological mark of $70.00. However, if it drops below the 200-period moving average of $65.60, it may fall to late-April lows.
Gold has reversed up from the 50-period moving average of $1815. The way up is clear to the recent highs of $1840, but this level lies at the 50-week moving average (to see ait switch to the weekly chart). Thus, gold may struggle to cross it. Support levels are $1815 and $1800.
This Wednesday will be heaven for day traders. A considerable number of events will make the market volatile. Don't miss it!
The G20 summit and the US PPI release gave us a lot of volatility to trade on. Luckily, today’s markets may be even more volatile with new vital releases and geopolitical decisions. The daily news report will surely help you!
The winter is coming, and risky markets expect a rally to come with it. Will this December be bullish for stocks, crypto, and gold? A pack of news will surely help you out.
Good morning, dear traders! Hope you’re doing great! Let’s talk about the news that is worth following today! Key market events: 15:30 MT, CAD GDP m/m 17:00 MT, GBP BOE Gov Bailey Speaks Oil is tensed again Oil rose as China refined its approach…
Happy Friday, traders! Are you ready to trade at the end of the week? Here’s what you need to know before you start: