The US PPI will come out on Thursday, May 12, at 15:30 MT time.
Highlights of the ECB press conference
ECB's President Draghi is speaking at his press conference and answering questions. These are highlights of his speech.
- QE program will be in place until it becomes sustained
- A very substantial degree of accommodation is still needed to support headline inflation
- Asset purchase program can be increased in size and duration if needed to sustain robust economic growth and steady inflation rates (this is the line under question for June)
- Survey results signal the Eurozone economic recovery will firm and broaden
- Eurozone growth dampened by the sluggish pace of structural reforms
- Risks are moving closer to being broadly balanced
- Risks are still tilted to the downside; they are mostly related to global factors
- Inflation rate headline will increase in April, but then it will be predominantly unchanged
- So, underlying inflation will rise only gradually
- Inflation rate is still low
The US CPI will come out on Wednesday, May 11, at 15:30 MT time (GMT+3).
Representatives from 15 oil-rich nations attend OPEC meetings. They discuss a range of issues regarding energy markets and, most importantly, agree on how much oil they will produce.
The Australian Bureau of Statistics will announce the updated Unemployment Rate and Employment Change data on Thursday, May 19, at 04:30 MT.
The UK Office for National Statistics will publish Consumer Price Index (CPI) data on Wednesday, May 18, at 09:00 MT.
The US Census Bureau will announce Core Retail Sales and Retail Sales on Tuesday, May 17 at 15:30 MT.