In October, American consumer prices managed to jump by the most for 9 months against the backdrop of profits in the cost of gasoline as well as rents, thus indicating steadily soaring inflation, which will probably keep the key US bank on track to have…
Highlights of the ECB press conference
ECB's President Draghi is speaking at his press conference and answering questions. These are highlights of his speech.
- QE program will be in place until it becomes sustained
- A very substantial degree of accommodation is still needed to support headline inflation
- Asset purchase program can be increased in size and duration if needed to sustain robust economic growth and steady inflation rates (this is the line under question for June)
- Survey results signal the Eurozone economic recovery will firm and broaden
- Eurozone growth dampened by the sluggish pace of structural reforms
- Risks are moving closer to being broadly balanced
- Risks are still tilted to the downside; they are mostly related to global factors
- Inflation rate headline will increase in April, but then it will be predominantly unchanged
- So, underlying inflation will rise only gradually
- Inflation rate is still low
Did Bitcoin manage to recover and what was the hottest news in the crypto and blockchain world? Read and find out!
On Monday, Asian stocks traded mostly higher, with Shanghai bucking the trend because centrist Emmanuel Macron fully matched opinion survey hopes and left anti-EU far-right nominee Marine Le Pen behind…
Japan's March real wages went down at the fastest pace in nearly two years, weighed by minor nominal pay lifts as well as a moderate ascend in consumer prices, thus posing a setback for Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's tries to revitalize the Japanese…