A selloff in stocks stopped. S&P 500 has reversed up from the 100-day moving average. It should be the perfect time to buy the index.
Hong Kong Index and Gold Dropped, Tesla Reported Strong Earnings
- German business sentiment worsened in July amid an increase in coronavirus infections and supply challenges.
- Hong Kong stock index extended a decline sparked by China’s tech crackdown. The Hang Seng index (HK 50) has dropped to the levels unseen since November of 2020. So good that our traders can open both sell and buy positions while trading stocks and stock indices.
- US stocks fell after the S&P 500 reached a fresh all-time high. Tesla posted better-than-expected results. Quarterly net income surpassed $1 billion for the first time! Despite the current global chip shortage, the EV maker was able to continue expanding production.
- Traders are also awaiting the Fed meeting to get a hint on when and how the bank would taper.
- Bitcoin hit $40,000 yesterday but then reversed down. Now it’s trading near $37,000. The cryptocurrency rose on speculation over Amazon allowing Bitcoin as a payment, but then the company denied this rumor and BTC/USD dropped.
- Crude oil tries to recover from the recent losses as investors believe the global demand will continue rebounding despite the fresh Covid-19 outbreak.
- After the stock market closes, Apple, Microsoft, Google, Visa, Starbucks, AMD, and others will reveal their earnings results and revenue for the second quarter. The optimistic expectations may boost the stocks even ahead of the releases. Keep an eye on the charts.
EUR/USD keeps moving inside the descending channel. It has reversed down from the upper trend line at 1.1800. It’s heading towards the 1.1780 support level. If it manages to break it, the way down to the next support zone of 1.1760-1.1750 will be open. The pair isn’t likely to break above the upper trend line, but still, be aware of resistance levels which are at the psychological mark of 1.1800 and the high of July 22 at 1.1825.
Gold is moving down to the 23.6% Fibonacci retracement level of $1790. It will struggle to cross it, but if it does, the way down to the low of June 24 at $1775 will be open. Resistance levels are the 38.2% Fibonacci retracement level of $1815 and the 50% FIbo level of $1833.
Finally, let’s discuss AUD/USD. It’s moving inside the descending channel. It’s likely to fall to the recent low of 0.7340. However, it may struggle to break it on the first try. The move below the support level of 0.7340 will open the doors to the low of July 21 at 0.7300. Resistance levels are 0.7400 and 0.7440.
Quadruple witching is gone and now there are no reasons for the market to hinder. From banks statements and economic data to gas storage reading and Fed’s Powell speech – get ready for active trading.
The US showed strong retail sales for August despite the spread of the Delta virus strain. As a result, the US dollar rocketed and gold dropped by 2286 points in half an hour after the release.
The Fed can start tapering already this November, oil is rallying pushing the Canadian dollar up! Jump in to know more!
Germany, the leading economy in the Euro Zone, will reveal one of the key economic indicators – German Ifo Business Climate on September 24 at 11:00 MT time.
On Wednesday, September 22, Microsoft will be holding a product launch. The event starts at 18:00 GTM + 3.