Several largest American companies will publish their financial results this week. BTCUSD and XAUUSD are skyrocketing. What's going on in the markets?
Important events this week will bring us!
- American CPI, Core CPI (Wed, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT)) – forecasts are mixed with 0.1% for CPI and 0.2% for Core CPI. Pay attention to the actual releases. If they are greater than forecasts, the USD will move up.
- Australian job data – employment change and unemployment rate (Thu, 4:30 MT (1:30 GMT)) – analysts anticipate a smaller amount of employed people in May. However, the level of unemployment is expected to be lower. Let’s see what the real figures are.
- SNB Meeting (Thu, 10:30 MT (07:30 GMT)) – as usual, no changes to the interest rate but comments by the central bank may shake the Swiss franc.
- American Retail Sales and Core Retail Sales (Fr, 15:30 MT (12:30 GMT)) – estimates for the change in the total value of sales at the retail level are optimistic. Let’s wait whether the actual numbers are the same.
- On Sunday, Mr. Trump announced that proposed tariffs on Mexican imports would be postponed indefinitely. As a result, the USD/MXN pair opened with a big gap down. The difference between the Friday close price and Monday open price appeared to be more than 3000 points. S&P 500, Nasdaq, and the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed on Monday morning. The market sentiment improved but analysts doubt it’s a real relief. Uncertainties around the agricultural issues exist: it's unclear whether Mexico agreed to increase agricultural purchases from the US or not.
- The market keeps an eye on the US-China trade dispute. According to the words of Mr. Trump to CNBC, China will make an agreement with the US because “they are going to have to”. At the same time, American president warned that he would decide on additional $300bn tariffs after the G20 summit. The situation may escalate because China is ready to fight back.
The dollar's status as the world's reserve currency could only be recovered if the US controls its spending. The huge budget deficit and rising interest rates on the US national debt should scare every American, analysts say. Read the full report to learn more!
Chinese investors are selling the UST. Meanwhile, the earning season continues. What's going on in the markets?
The Japanese yen fell to its lowest level against the US dollar in 33 years. Read the full report to learn the next target for USDJPY!
The US stock market fell in the third quarter. What's going on and why economists think that the last quarter will be better? Let's discuss it all here.
BlackRock CEO forecasts the Fed may have to raise rates further. The US dollar index (DXY) gains 130 points today. Read the full report to get more fresh news and technical analysis!