How Energy Crisis Affects German PMI August 23, 2022, 10:30 GMT+3 Germany will publish Flash Manufacturing PMI data on Tuesday, August 23, at 10:30 MT time (GMT+3)…
Market updates on October 9
Key events ahead:
- Meetings of the Eurogroup
- Speech by the Fed Chair Jerome Powell – 18:00 MT (15:00 GMT) time
- Speech by the FOMC member George – 18:00 MT (15:00 GMT) time
- FOMC meeting minutes – 21:00 MT (18:00 GMT) time
- Several events may determine the direction of EUR/USD today. Bulls will be awaiting the updates from the Eurogroup meetings, while bears will pay attention to the events with an impact on the USD. If the euro is supported, the break of the 1.0963 level will happen and the pair will rise towards the next resistance at 1.0973. On the other hand, a strong USD may pull the pair below the 1.0955 level to the next support at 1.0944. After that, bears will target the 1.0936
- USD/JPY pair is consolidating under the 200-period SMA on H4 ahead of the US-China trade talks scheduled for tomorrow. That is why any fresh updates on the main trade issues may affect the risk sentiment in the market and move the pair. In case of risk-off sentiment, the pair will fall towards the 106.95 level. The next support in the focus of bears will be placed at 106.76. If the risk sentiment is on, USD/JPY will try to break the 107.19 level. The next resistance level will be at 107.41 (50-period SMA).
- USD/CHF has been trading within an ascending trading channel on H4. Yesterday, the pair has tested the resistance at 0.9939, which lies close to the 100-period SMA. The next resistance lies at 0.9949. If it is broken, reaching the 0.9960 level will be possible. From the downside, key levels are, as follows: 0.9925, 0.9907 (lower border of the ascending trading channel) and 0.9897.
Last week was very interesting for the markets, as we saw the releases of the US Inflation and Disney’s earnings report. So let's see what we should await this week!
The volatility that the markets experienced last week promises the second tidal wave! What should your favorite assets anticipate during the first week of February?
As Europe moves into recession, next week may provide us with some amazing trading opportunities. Here they are!
Main news that will drive the market in the upcoming week include CB Consumer Confidence Index, Canadian GDP, and US Core PCE Price Index
The Federal Reserve (Fed) will announce its Interest Rate Decision and make a statement about the future monetary policy on Wednesday, September 21, GMT+3. After the higher-than-expected inflation numbers published on September 13, there’s almost no doubt the Federal Reserve will come up with another 75-basis-point rate hike. However, surprised by the CPI numbers, several Fed members announced the possibility of a 100-basis-point rate hike on Wednesday.