The ECB Monetary Policy Meeting Accounts will be released at 14:30 MT on January 16
News to trade on December 13
- According to today’s news, Chinese authorities invited the US for further trade negotiations. They also said to plan more US soybean purchases today. As a result, AUD/USD moved higher. More positive news concerning the trade negotiations between the US and Сhina will push the pair towards the resistance at 0.7260. If the uncertainties increase, the pair will fall towards the support at 0.7182 (50-day MA).
- The price for NZD/USD also showed uncertainty. If the risk-on sentiment increases, it will rise towards the resistance at 0.6890 and probably retest it. Otherwise, it will fall towards the support at 0.6738.
- Today the economic calendar is highlighted by the ECB monetary policy statement at 14:45 MT time. The European central bank is anticipated to end its quantitative easing policy soon. The comments by the ECB president Mario Draghi may support the EUR. EUR/USD was supported yesterday after the news on the budget cut of the Italian budget deficit and rose to the central pivot at 1.1374. The Italian government has agreed to cut its budget deficit to 2.04% compared to 2.40% previously. For now, it anticipates the approval by the European Commission. For now, it has already crossed this level, heading towards the resistance at 1.1437. If the ECB provides hawkish comments for the euro, it will stick near this level. Otherwise, the pair will fall to the support at 1.1323.
- Yesterday, Theresa May won her confidence vote. Today she will meet with the European leaders to find a solution on Brexit. That is why the headlines may bring the volatility to the cable. Bulls pushed the pair higher, the pair crossed the 1.2560 level and tested the resistance at 1.2643. If today’s negotiations turn out to be successful for May, the pair will stick above the 1.2643 level. The next resistance is placed at 1.2740. In case of negative news, it will fall towards the support at 1.2560. The next support lies at 1.2462.
- Oil continues to face the uncertainties over the OPEC output cut. In case of negative news, the price for WTI will fall towards the support at $49.93. Otherwise, if the OPEC+ confirms its actions, it will rise towards the resistance at $52.23.
- As for Brent, the bearish pressure will pull the crude’s price downwards to the support at $58.6. Positive news will pull it higher. The first resistance lies at $61.15.
We expect the US-China phase one trade deal to be signed on Wednesday and multiple important indicators for the USD. Plus, it is the first week of the earnings reports
The British yearly CPI will be released at 11:30 MT on January 15
Netflix releases its Q4'2019 earnings report on Tuesday at 13:00 MT (11:00 GMT). Are you ready to trade stock on it?
The Bank of Canada (BOC) will release its rate statement alongside the monetary policy report during its meeting on January 22 at 17:00 MT time.
Events in Libya pushed the oil price up. So what's the strategy to benefit from it?