Today the Fed will make a policy statement at 21:00 GMT+3. This event will affect all the currency pairs with the USD and thus almost the all Forex market!
News to trade on December 13
- According to today’s news, Chinese authorities invited the US for further trade negotiations. They also said to plan more US soybean purchases today. As a result, AUD/USD moved higher. More positive news concerning the trade negotiations between the US and Сhina will push the pair towards the resistance at 0.7260. If the uncertainties increase, the pair will fall towards the support at 0.7182 (50-day MA).
- The price for NZD/USD also showed uncertainty. If the risk-on sentiment increases, it will rise towards the resistance at 0.6890 and probably retest it. Otherwise, it will fall towards the support at 0.6738.
- Today the economic calendar is highlighted by the ECB monetary policy statement at 14:45 MT time. The European central bank is anticipated to end its quantitative easing policy soon. The comments by the ECB president Mario Draghi may support the EUR. EUR/USD was supported yesterday after the news on the budget cut of the Italian budget deficit and rose to the central pivot at 1.1374. The Italian government has agreed to cut its budget deficit to 2.04% compared to 2.40% previously. For now, it anticipates the approval by the European Commission. For now, it has already crossed this level, heading towards the resistance at 1.1437. If the ECB provides hawkish comments for the euro, it will stick near this level. Otherwise, the pair will fall to the support at 1.1323.
- Yesterday, Theresa May won her confidence vote. Today she will meet with the European leaders to find a solution on Brexit. That is why the headlines may bring the volatility to the cable. Bulls pushed the pair higher, the pair crossed the 1.2560 level and tested the resistance at 1.2643. If today’s negotiations turn out to be successful for May, the pair will stick above the 1.2643 level. The next resistance is placed at 1.2740. In case of negative news, it will fall towards the support at 1.2560. The next support lies at 1.2462.
- Oil continues to face the uncertainties over the OPEC output cut. In case of negative news, the price for WTI will fall towards the support at $49.93. Otherwise, if the OPEC+ confirms its actions, it will rise towards the resistance at $52.23.
- As for Brent, the bearish pressure will pull the crude’s price downwards to the support at $58.6. Positive news will pull it higher. The first resistance lies at $61.15.
Hong Kong stock index extended a decline sparked by China’s tech crackdown. Tesla posted better-than-expected results. Jump in!
The overall market sentiment is risk-on. The S&P 500 index (US 500) is getting close to the all-time high. Oil is recovering quickly from its recent losses.
What events to follow and how to trade during the week of July 2-6?
EUR/USD retraced to 1.1870 after breaking out this level. It should be just a natural sell-off ahead of the further rally up.
The Fed held a much-awaited meeting yesterday. The bank hasn’t made any policy changes. As a result, the USD weakened and EUR/USD rocketed. Jump in to know all the latest news!