Russian-Ukrainian conflict is influencing every economic aspect…
News to trade on December 13
- According to today’s news, Chinese authorities invited the US for further trade negotiations. They also said to plan more US soybean purchases today. As a result, AUD/USD moved higher. More positive news concerning the trade negotiations between the US and Сhina will push the pair towards the resistance at 0.7260. If the uncertainties increase, the pair will fall towards the support at 0.7182 (50-day MA).
- The price for NZD/USD also showed uncertainty. If the risk-on sentiment increases, it will rise towards the resistance at 0.6890 and probably retest it. Otherwise, it will fall towards the support at 0.6738.
- Today the economic calendar is highlighted by the ECB monetary policy statement at 14:45 MT time. The European central bank is anticipated to end its quantitative easing policy soon. The comments by the ECB president Mario Draghi may support the EUR. EUR/USD was supported yesterday after the news on the budget cut of the Italian budget deficit and rose to the central pivot at 1.1374. The Italian government has agreed to cut its budget deficit to 2.04% compared to 2.40% previously. For now, it anticipates the approval by the European Commission. For now, it has already crossed this level, heading towards the resistance at 1.1437. If the ECB provides hawkish comments for the euro, it will stick near this level. Otherwise, the pair will fall to the support at 1.1323.
- Yesterday, Theresa May won her confidence vote. Today she will meet with the European leaders to find a solution on Brexit. That is why the headlines may bring the volatility to the cable. Bulls pushed the pair higher, the pair crossed the 1.2560 level and tested the resistance at 1.2643. If today’s negotiations turn out to be successful for May, the pair will stick above the 1.2643 level. The next resistance is placed at 1.2740. In case of negative news, it will fall towards the support at 1.2560. The next support lies at 1.2462.
- Oil continues to face the uncertainties over the OPEC output cut. In case of negative news, the price for WTI will fall towards the support at $49.93. Otherwise, if the OPEC+ confirms its actions, it will rise towards the resistance at $52.23.
- As for Brent, the bearish pressure will pull the crude’s price downwards to the support at $58.6. Positive news will pull it higher. The first resistance lies at $61.15.
Last week was very interesting for the markets, as we saw the releases of the US Inflation and Disney’s earnings report. So let's see what we should await this week!
The volatility that the markets experienced last week promises the second tidal wave! What should your favorite assets anticipate during the first week of February?
The Australian Bureau of Statistics will announce the updated Unemployment Rate and Employment Change data on Thursday, May 19, at 04:30 MT.
The UK Office for National Statistics will publish Consumer Price Index (CPI) data on Wednesday, May 18, at 09:00 MT.
The US Census Bureau will announce Core Retail Sales and Retail Sales on Tuesday, May 17 at 15:30 MT.