The European central bank will conduct its press conference on January 24 at 15:30 MT time.
News to trade on December 19
- The main focus for the market for today will be on the Federal open market committee statement and on the press conference at 21:00 MT (19:00 GMT) time. The Federal Reserve is expected to deliver the 4th rate hike. If the Fed is hawkish, EUR/USD will fall to the support at 1.1338.
However, some of the analysts afraid of the possible dovish tone by the Fed amid the global economic slowdown. If the Fed Chair Powell delivers dovish comments, EUR/USD will stick above the resistance at 1.1408.
- According to the news, the British Prime Minister Theresa May agreed to implement the plans for a no-deal Brexit. Further warnings to Great Britain will be announced in the coming weeks. At the moment, GBP/USD has continued its modest gains towards the resistance at 1.27. Any positive updates on the Brexit solution will support the British pound and push it further up to the 1.27 level. Otherwise, if the news on Brexit disappoints investors and traders, the British currency will fall towards the support at 1.2605.
- New Zealand anticipates the release of GDP for the third quarter. Experts see the economy of New Zealand to grow by 0.6%. If the actual data is higher, the kiwi will rise towards the resistance at 0.6876. The lower-than-expected data will pull the kiwi down to the support at 0.6826.
- The oil prices keep moving down driven by Russian and US high supply forecasts. Russian oil production hit a record 11.42 million barrels this month, while the level of oil production in 7 US shale basins is expected to climb to more than 8 million barrels by the end of 2018. As a result, the price for WTI updated its August 2017 lows and stick below the $47 level yesterday. More concerns on the oversupply will pull the crude’s price towards the support at $45.76. If more hints on the production cut by OPEC+, scheduled for the next month come out, the price for WTI will stick above the resistance at $47.02. The next resistance is placed at $48.68.
- As for Brent, its price tested the support at $55.96. If it’s broken, bears will focus on the next support at $55.12. If the price for Brent gets a positive momentum, it will rise towards the resistance at $57.65.
- The gold has been going up due to the weak US dollar. If the USD is not supported by the Fed statement, the price for the yellow metal will rise towards the resistance at $1,258. In case of the strong USD, the price for gold will stick below the support at $1,248.
Follow us for more news!
In December, American home sales slipped to their lowest value for three years…
UK employees’ pay surge reached another 10-year maximum and employment rallied by much more than anticipated for the three months to the end of November due to the fact that the UK labor market was still firm notwithstanding other signs of an economic…
Did Bitcoin manage to recover and what was the hottest news in the crypto and blockchain world? Read and find out!
On Monday, Asian stocks traded mostly higher, with Shanghai bucking the trend because centrist Emmanuel Macron fully matched opinion survey hopes and left anti-EU far-right nominee Marine Le Pen behind…
Japan's March real wages went down at the fastest pace in nearly two years, weighed by minor nominal pay lifts as well as a moderate ascend in consumer prices, thus posing a setback for Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's tries to revitalize the Japanese…