The risk sentiment remains under pressure after the comments by China about the countermeasures against the US tariffs. Thus, the AUD/USD and the USD/JPY pairs will be under our attention.
News to trade on December 27
- According to the economic calendar, the most important event for today is the release of the CB consumer confidence at 17:00. Analysts anticipate the decline to 133.7 points. If the actual level of the indicator is higher, the USD will be supported.
If we look at the daily chart of EUR/USD, the pair has been trading sideways. If the CB consumer confidence outperforms the expectations, the bearish pressure will increase. In that case, the pair will fall to the support at 1.1283. Otherwise, the pair will have a possibility to break the resistance at 1.1385 and rise upwards to the next resistance at 1.1470.
- As for USD/JPY, the pair has been targeting the support at 110.148. If the USD is supported by the today’s release, the pair will rise towards the resistance at 111.84. If the investors are disappointed by the data, the pair will fall to the support at 110.148.
- During the Asian session, the release of industrial profits for China disappointed the investors. The indicator declined by 1.8% (vs. the previous +3.6%). AUD/USD has been falling on the news from China towards the support at 0.6971. If the risk on sentiment increases, the pair will rise to the resistance at 0.7087.
- As for NZD/USD, the pair has been falling since the beginning of the day. The next support for the kiwi is placed at 0.6648. If the antipodean currency is supported, it will rise to the resistance at 0.6764.
- The oil keeps plunging and therefore makes the CAD weaker. USD/CAD has been rising towards the resistance at 1.3678. If the USD moves down, the pair will be pulled down to the support at 1.3525.
Follow us for more news!
On Monday, crypto assets tumbled due to the fact that the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development drew attention to the necessity of the global regulation of initial coin offerings…
German exporters demonstrate ascending optimism as for their business prospects because growing demand from other euro zone countries helps to compensate worries regarding the strengthening currency, as the Ifo economic institute told on Wednesday…
In October, Japanese machinery orders rebounded with a faster soar than anticipated, thus re-affirming the resilience of capital spending, which is a major driver in the Japanese economy's almost two-year expansion…