Welcome to Tuesday!
News to trade on December 27
- According to the economic calendar, the most important event for today is the release of the CB consumer confidence at 17:00. Analysts anticipate the decline to 133.7 points. If the actual level of the indicator is higher, the USD will be supported.
If we look at the daily chart of EUR/USD, the pair has been trading sideways. If the CB consumer confidence outperforms the expectations, the bearish pressure will increase. In that case, the pair will fall to the support at 1.1283. Otherwise, the pair will have a possibility to break the resistance at 1.1385 and rise upwards to the next resistance at 1.1470.
- As for USD/JPY, the pair has been targeting the support at 110.148. If the USD is supported by the today’s release, the pair will rise towards the resistance at 111.84. If the investors are disappointed by the data, the pair will fall to the support at 110.148.
- During the Asian session, the release of industrial profits for China disappointed the investors. The indicator declined by 1.8% (vs. the previous +3.6%). AUD/USD has been falling on the news from China towards the support at 0.6971. If the risk on sentiment increases, the pair will rise to the resistance at 0.7087.
- As for NZD/USD, the pair has been falling since the beginning of the day. The next support for the kiwi is placed at 0.6648. If the antipodean currency is supported, it will rise to the resistance at 0.6764.
- The oil keeps plunging and therefore makes the CAD weaker. USD/CAD has been rising towards the resistance at 1.3678. If the USD moves down, the pair will be pulled down to the support at 1.3525.
Follow us for more news!
In July, Britain's inflation rate rallied for the first time in 2018, thus leaving many UK households feeling quite squeezed by prices, soaring at nearly the same tempo as their wages…
On Friday, the evergreen buck rallied versus its counterparts after data disclosed that the American economy generated more jobs than anticipated In October, thus backing the Fed’s case to proceed with gradual rate lifts…
On Tuesday, gold rallied because uncertainty over the latest developments in Britain’s departure from the EU backed safe haven demand and traders looked ahead for American inflation data to underpin the Fed’s pledge to remain on hold…