The Fed can start tapering already this November, oil is rallying pushing the Canadian dollar up! Jump in to know more!
News to trade on December 27
- According to the economic calendar, the most important event for today is the release of the CB consumer confidence at 17:00. Analysts anticipate the decline to 133.7 points. If the actual level of the indicator is higher, the USD will be supported.
If we look at the daily chart of EUR/USD, the pair has been trading sideways. If the CB consumer confidence outperforms the expectations, the bearish pressure will increase. In that case, the pair will fall to the support at 1.1283. Otherwise, the pair will have a possibility to break the resistance at 1.1385 and rise upwards to the next resistance at 1.1470.
- As for USD/JPY, the pair has been targeting the support at 110.148. If the USD is supported by the today’s release, the pair will rise towards the resistance at 111.84. If the investors are disappointed by the data, the pair will fall to the support at 110.148.
- During the Asian session, the release of industrial profits for China disappointed the investors. The indicator declined by 1.8% (vs. the previous +3.6%). AUD/USD has been falling on the news from China towards the support at 0.6971. If the risk on sentiment increases, the pair will rise to the resistance at 0.7087.
- As for NZD/USD, the pair has been falling since the beginning of the day. The next support for the kiwi is placed at 0.6648. If the antipodean currency is supported, it will rise to the resistance at 0.6764.
- The oil keeps plunging and therefore makes the CAD weaker. USD/CAD has been rising towards the resistance at 1.3678. If the USD moves down, the pair will be pulled down to the support at 1.3525.
Follow us for more news!
Germany, the leading economy in the Euro Zone, will reveal one of the key economic indicators – German Ifo Business Climate on September 24 at 11:00 MT time.
That day has come, guys! The Fed will hold a meeting at 21:00 GMT+3. It can be a highly impactful event. The markets expect the bank to hint about the timing of tapering.
Commodities (iron ore, oil) and commodity-linked currencies (AUD, CAD) surged. West Texas Intermediate has reached $75 a barrel, while Brent rose to the highest mark since October 2018.
Although Jerome Powell’s speech sounded hawkish on Wednesday, September 22, markets did not get scared and the main stock indices got bought back…
Turkey’s central bank governor was at a crossroads: to hold interest rates and take a risk to be fired like it was for three governors before him, or to comply with the president, to cut rates, and to risk the market. Let’s find out, how to react to the rate cut.