In today's market insights, we delve into Citibank's oil price predictions, the evolving competition between Huawei and Apple, the Saudi Arabia-Tesla partnership, and the upcoming rate decisions from the world's major central banks.
News to trade on December 27
- According to the economic calendar, the most important event for today is the release of the CB consumer confidence at 17:00. Analysts anticipate the decline to 133.7 points. If the actual level of the indicator is higher, the USD will be supported.
If we look at the daily chart of EUR/USD, the pair has been trading sideways. If the CB consumer confidence outperforms the expectations, the bearish pressure will increase. In that case, the pair will fall to the support at 1.1283. Otherwise, the pair will have a possibility to break the resistance at 1.1385 and rise upwards to the next resistance at 1.1470.
- As for USD/JPY, the pair has been targeting the support at 110.148. If the USD is supported by the today’s release, the pair will rise towards the resistance at 111.84. If the investors are disappointed by the data, the pair will fall to the support at 110.148.
- During the Asian session, the release of industrial profits for China disappointed the investors. The indicator declined by 1.8% (vs. the previous +3.6%). AUD/USD has been falling on the news from China towards the support at 0.6971. If the risk on sentiment increases, the pair will rise to the resistance at 0.7087.
- As for NZD/USD, the pair has been falling since the beginning of the day. The next support for the kiwi is placed at 0.6648. If the antipodean currency is supported, it will rise to the resistance at 0.6764.
- The oil keeps plunging and therefore makes the CAD weaker. USD/CAD has been rising towards the resistance at 1.3678. If the USD moves down, the pair will be pulled down to the support at 1.3525.
Follow us for more news!
It will be the hottest week of September, with four central banks’ meetings, five PMI releases, and a lot to trade.
Lagarde says difficult times have come, and the ECB raised the rate not to cause a recession but to stabilize prices. Read the report to learn the freshest news of the day!
US stock markets started falling, while the US dollar is rising. What to expect from
Oil prices are rising and Russia banned the export of its petrol. What's happening in the markets?
Today's main event for the markets is the FOMC Interest Rate Decision, where the US regulator is widely expected to keep the interest rate at the same level of 5.5%.