In December, Germany's private sector expansion speeded down to a four-year minimum, as a survey disclosed…
News to trade on November 29
- Yesterday, the Fed Chairman Jerome Powell surprised the market with the dovish speech. According to his comments, he is not likely to continue with gradual rate hikes next year. “Interest rates are still low by historical standards, and they remain just below the broad range of estimates of the level that would be neutral for the economy" – the key statement from his speech.
Today, we anticipate the release of minutes of the Federal Open Market Committee November’s meeting at 21:00 MT time. We will see whether it can provide some support to the USD.
How did the Fed Chair speech affect the key currency pairs?
- EUR/USD tested the resistance at 1.1378. Dovish tone of the FOMC statement will help the pair to rise towards the resistance at 1.1429. Otherwise, if the statement contains some supportive data for the USD, it will fall towards the support at 1.1284.
In addition, the Italian budget issue still triggers the investors. According to the latest news, the Italian government is not planning to move their deficit target lower than 2.2%. This is a small update from the previous 2.4% level, which also pulls EUR/USD down.
- The British pound followed the same scenario after the dovish Powell. However, the Brexit uncertainties and negative outlooks ahead of the Parliamentary vote on December 11 keep affecting the market. If the FOMC statement shows uncertainty, GBP/USD will stick above the resistance at 1.2832. More negative news on Brexit will pull the pair towards the support at 1.2738.
- The USD suffered losses while trading against the Japanese yen. Positive comments from the American central bank will help the pair to rise towards the resistance at 114.132. In case of dovish tone, the pair will stick below the support at 113.286.
- During the Asian session, the New Zealand dollar slid due to the unchanged Business confidence numbers at -37%. The weak USD can help NZD/USD to rise towards the resistance at 0.6912. Otherwise, it can stick below the support at 0.6844.
- The AUD, on the other hand, was driven by bulls as the risk-on sentiment across the Asian equity markets increased. If the USD is weak, AUD/USD can continue moving towards the resistance at 0.7376. If the risk-off sentiment increases, the pair will fall below the support at 0.7303.
- In other news, oil extends losses ahead of the OPEC+ meeting on December 6. The fears that OPEC+ will fail to deliver the expected output cuts are moving the market. WTI dropped to the last year levels, testing the ground below $50. More comments on output cuts will help it to rise towards the resistance at $52.77. More uncertainties will pull the price below the psychological support at $50.
- As for Brent, it fell below the $60 level. The next support for the crude lies at $55.74. If the bulls take over, the resistance for it lies at $61.68
Follow us for more news!
Find out what is going on in the world of crypto and blockchain from the cryptonews by FBS!
In November, American import prices went down by the most for more than three years due to the fact that the cost of petroleum products decreased and a strong evergreen buck suppressed prices of other goods, indicating descending imported inflation in…
Safe havens such as gold and Japanese yen declined as investors sentiment was boosted by eased geopolitical tensions…
On Tuesday, the euro tacked on because market participants waited for reports on inflation and growth in the euro zone, while the Japanese yen went down after Japan’s major bank told it would be more flexible in its huge stimulus program…
On Tuesday, the evergreen buck dived because the common currency bounced off and the UK pound managed to ascend to the day’s maximums reacting to reports that British Prime Minister Theresa May is going to take control of Brexit talks…