The Fed held a much-awaited meeting yesterday. The bank hasn’t made any policy changes. As a result, the USD weakened and EUR/USD rocketed. Jump in to know all the latest news!
Oil and Bitcoin Dropped, Gold Recovers
- Oil dropped to the lows unseen since late May. The falling has stopped and oil prices have tried to recover some losses.
- The earnings season is underway! Are you following? After the stock market closed yesterday, IBM revealed better-than-expected earnings and the strongest revenue growth in three years!
- Today, Philip Morris will reveal its Q2 results at 14:00 GMT+3 and Netflix – after the stock market closes.
- The GBP has weakened amid the risk-off sentiment caused by rising cases of the Covid-19 Delta variant. Besides, Bank of England’s MPC member Haskel claimed that the bank will stay risk-averse and won’t tighten the policy any time soon. All that pressed the British pound down. Open the charts of GBP/USD and EUR/GBP.
- Bitcoin has dropped below $30,000, while gold has reversed up from a dip under $1,800.
EUR/USD is moving inside the descending channel. It’s likely to drop to the 1.1750 support soon. If it manages to break below this level, it will fall to the psychological mark of 1.1700. In the opposite scenario, the breakout above the key resistance level of 1.1800 will open the doors to the high of July 15 at 1.1850.
XAU/USD has reversed up from the $1810 support level. It’s edging higher to the 200-day moving average of $1825, which it’s unlikely to cross on the first try. However, if it does, the way up to the 50% Fibonacci retracement level of $1833 will be open. Support levels are $1810 and $1800.
What will happen? The US Q2 Gross Domestic Product will be announced at 15:30 MT time (GMT+3) on Thursday, July 29…
Today the Fed will make a policy statement at 21:00 GMT+3. This event will affect all the currency pairs with the USD and thus almost the all Forex market!
The Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) will hold a meeting and announce changes to the monetary policy on August 3, at 07:30 MT time (GMT+3).
What events to follow and how to trade during the week of July 2-6?
EUR/USD retraced to 1.1870 after breaking out this level. It should be just a natural sell-off ahead of the further rally up.