Several largest American companies will publish their financial results this week. BTCUSD and XAUUSD are skyrocketing. What's going on in the markets?
Risk assets are starting week on rise
- Risk assets are recovering after a losing streak in the previous week as progress in the extra US stimulus package improved the market sentiment.
- The House passed Biden’s $1.9 trillion coronavirus aid package. The next move is up to Senate.
- Bank of America upgraded its projections for economic growth to 6.5% for 2021 due to hopes for the larger stimulus package.
- China’s Manufacturing and Services PMI reports fell short of analysts’ expectations. The factory activity reached the lowest level since May of 2020. The main reason for the poor data is the Lunar New Year holiday.
- Australian and Canadian dollars are heading to the upside. Gold is trying to rebound its last week’s losses as well.
- Bitcoin tumbled to $43,000 on Friday. Today it has reversed up.
EUR/USD has been trading in an ascending channel since mid-summer. It is trading in the lower part of the channel, therefore, it’s likely to move upwards. If it manages to break the 50-day moving average of 1.2150, the way up to the next resistance of 1.2200 will be open. Support levels are 1.2030 and 1.1950.
GBP/USD is just below the key psychological mark of 1.4000. If it jumps above it, the doors towards the high of February 24 at 1.4150 will be open. On the flip side, the move below the middle line of the Bollinger Bands at 1.3900 will press the pair down to 1.3800.
USD/JPY has crossed the resistance of 106.50, clearing the way to the next resistance of 107.00. However, if we look at the RSI indicator and the Bollinger Bands, we’ll notice that the pair has already entered the overbought area, thus, a soon pullback down is expected. Support levels are 106.50 and 106.00.
Finally, let’s discuss the aussie. AUD/USD has bounced off the 50-day moving average of 0.7700. If it manages to break above the high of February 16 at 0.7800, it may jump to the next resistance of 0.7910. On the flip side, the move below 0.7700 will drive the pair down to the next support of 0.7660.
Follow ISM Manufacturing PMI at 17:00 MT time!
The dollar's status as the world's reserve currency could only be recovered if the US controls its spending. The huge budget deficit and rising interest rates on the US national debt should scare every American, analysts say. Read the full report to learn more!
Chinese investors are selling the UST. Meanwhile, the earning season continues. What's going on in the markets?
The Japanese yen fell to its lowest level against the US dollar in 33 years. Read the full report to learn the next target for USDJPY!
The US stock market fell in the third quarter. What's going on and why economists think that the last quarter will be better? Let's discuss it all here.
BlackRock CEO forecasts the Fed may have to raise rates further. The US dollar index (DXY) gains 130 points today. Read the full report to get more fresh news and technical analysis!