In today's market insights, we delve into Citibank's oil price predictions, the evolving competition between Huawei and Apple, the Saudi Arabia-Tesla partnership, and the upcoming rate decisions from the world's major central banks.
Tesla will be sold for bitcoins
The BTC skyrocketed to $50 000 but dropped just below this level as investors started closing orders to take profit. The total crypto market cap has surpassed $1.5 trillion. That rally was triggered by a seismic shift in investors’ attitude.
Why is it important?
More and more big players such as large corporations and Wall Street fund managers changed their minds towards digital assets and started taking them seriously. Here are few examples.
- Tesla’s Elon Musk invested $1.5 billion in bitcoin and pledged to soon accept payments in the BTC.
- MasterCard uncovered its plans to let its customers “move digital value — traditional or crypto — however, they want”.
- Bitcoin wallet BitPay's users in the US can now add their BitPay card to Apple Wallet. Apple Pay will allow paying in the bitcoin in stores and apps.
- PayPal has already offered users in the US to buy, sell and hold cryptocurrencies directly through its system.
- According to Bloomberg, Morgan Stanley is also weighing a bet on bitcoin.
Moreover, these companies are going to benefit from their appeal to cryptocurrencies. For example, PayPal has already surged by nearly 40% since it announced payments in crypto. Apple should be the next one to gain. One by one, big companies will join the crypto world.
No doubt that cryptocurrencies will rally further up, and the king bitcoin especially. Now BTC/USD takes a breath, but in the upcoming week, it has all chances to surpass the $50 000 threshold.
You can trade BTC and other cryptocurrencies in the FBS Trader app.
Don't know how to trade cryptocurrencies? Here are some simple steps.
Good Wednesday, dear traders! Let’s look at the main news ahead of the main event that will shake the markets: the release of US CPI at 15:30 GMT+3!
Nothing can stop us from finding hgh quality trades and impactful news. This market wrap proves it, here’s what you need to know:
Inflation in Europe was released better than the forecast. The preliminary fact was published at 4.3%. What's happening in the markets?
XAUUSD fell below 1900 for the first time since March 2023. Meanwhile, the US dollar index gives a bearish signal. Read the full report to learn more!
Oil prices are rising while the US government is on the verge of shutting down. How will it affect the market?