US stock markets started falling, while the US dollar is rising. What to expect from
The US Parties Lead the Country to a Default
Happy Monday, traders! When will the US go bankrupt? Will it start the market crash unseen before? We have plenty to share with you, so let’s get started.
Events of this week:
The time zone is GMT+3. Check yours here.
- 17:00, EU Consumer Confidence
- 10:30, German Flash Manufacturing and Services PMI
- 11:30, UK Flash Manufacturing and Services PMI
- 16:45, US Flash Manufacturing and Services PMI
- 05:00, New Zealand Official Cash Rate and Rate Statement
- 09:00, UK CPI y/y
- 12:30, BOE Gov Bailey Speaks
- 21:00, FOMC Meeting Minutes
- 15:30, US Prelim GDP q/q
- 15:30, US Unemployment Claims
- 02:30, Tokyo Core CPI y/y
- 15:30, US Core PCE Price Index m/m
- 17:00, US Revised UoM Consumer Sentiment
What moves the market
- USDTRY almost reached the level of 20, a historical high. The USDTRY pair gained 1370% over the last 13 years.
- Elon Musk, “The last time Fed increased the rates while stepping into a recession was in 1929, the times of Great Depression.”
- There are more and more late debt payments among US citizens. Usually, it’s a sign of upcoming problems in the economy.
- President Biden says he won’t agree to a debt deal that protects crypto traders. Meanwhile, Florida has banned the use of central bank digital currencies (CBDC) in the state.
- ECB President Lagarde, “I think we covered a large chunk of the journey toward taming inflation and bringing it back to our target, but we aren’t done yet.”
- Today is Bitcoin pizza day. On May 22, 2010, Laszlo Hanyecz, for the first time in history, bought two pizzas for 10 000 BTC. At the time, the value was about $41. Now it’s around $266 million.
- The US parties failed to reach an agreement on the debt limit increase. The US has money left until June 1.
Gold is ready to touch the resistance
Gold is moving according to our expectations. The yellow zone held the metal, and the next level to look after is $1995.
However, XAUUSD is in a local downtrend, so the touch of the resistance line is an excellent opportunity to enter a short trade.
Have a great trading session!
Oil prices are rising and Russia banned the export of its petrol. What's happening in the markets?
Inflation in Europe was released better than the forecast. The preliminary fact was published at 4.3%. What's happening in the markets?
XAUUSD fell below 1900 for the first time since March 2023. Meanwhile, the US dollar index gives a bearish signal. Read the full report to learn more!
Oil prices are rising while the US government is on the verge of shutting down. How will it affect the market?