How Energy Crisis Affects German PMI August 23, 2022, 10:30 GMT+3 Germany will publish Flash Manufacturing PMI data on Tuesday, August 23, at 10:30 MT time (GMT+3)…
Top events this week will bring us
This week brings us not so many important events in the market due to the central banks’ holidays on December 24 and December 25. However, there are still some opportunities for trading.
- Speech by the Bank of Japan Governor Mr. Kuroda (Thu, 6:00 MT (4:00 GMT) time) – The governor of one of the most dovish banks Haruhiko Kuroda is expected to speak on December 27. His speech may support the Japanese yen.
- American CB consumer confidence (Thu, 17:00 MT (15:00 GMT) time) - The level of US consumer confidence by the Conference Board is expected to decline to 133. If the actual data is higher, than expected, the USD will be supported.
- The Chinese finance ministry has announced changes to the tariffs since the beginning of next year. China will remove export tariffs on 94 products, including iron ore and levy temporary tariffs on more than 700 items.
- US Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin will speak with the Federal Reserve on financial markets today.
- According to news, Trump has been discussing the possibility to fire the Fed Chair Jerome Powell last few days. He has been warned that firing the head of the Federal Reserve would be a destructive move towards the US economy. Moreover, it is not clear Mr. Trump has a right to fire Mr. Powell.
- Leaders of the US Congress failed to reach a deal with the White House on the border wall funding and the government was partially shut down. It is worth to mention, the Democrats will take control of the House on January 3, which means Trump may never get funding for the wall.
- OPEC plans to deepen or extend the reductions of the oil production. Its actions may support the oil prices at the beginning of the year.
Have a good week of trading and happy holidays!
Russian-Ukrainian conflict is influencing every economic aspect…
Last week was very interesting for the markets, as we saw the releases of the US Inflation and Disney’s earnings report. So let's see what we should await this week!
As Europe moves into recession, next week may provide us with some amazing trading opportunities. Here they are!
Main news that will drive the market in the upcoming week include CB Consumer Confidence Index, Canadian GDP, and US Core PCE Price Index
The Federal Reserve (Fed) will announce its Interest Rate Decision and make a statement about the future monetary policy on Wednesday, September 21, GMT+3. After the higher-than-expected inflation numbers published on September 13, there’s almost no doubt the Federal Reserve will come up with another 75-basis-point rate hike. However, surprised by the CPI numbers, several Fed members announced the possibility of a 100-basis-point rate hike on Wednesday.