Several largest American companies will publish their financial results this week. BTCUSD and XAUUSD are skyrocketing. What's going on in the markets?
Turkey Tries to Save the TRY
Good day, traders! What will the brand-new week bring us? Let’s find out.
(Time zone is GMT+3. Check your time zone here)
- 20:01, US 10-y Bond Auction
- 09:00, UK Claimant Count Change
- 15:30, US CPI and Core CPI
- 17:00, BOE Governor Speaks
- 09:00, UK GDP
- 15:30, US PPI and Core PPI
- 21:00, Fed Interest Rate and FOMC Statement
- 21:30, FOMC Press Conference
- 01:45, New Zealand GDP
- 04:30, Australia Unemployment Rate
- 05:00, China Industrial Production
- 15:15, ECB Interest Rate and Policy Statement
- 15:30, US Core Retail Sales
- 15:45, ECB Press Conference
- Tentative, Japan Monetary Policy Statement
- Tentative, BOJ Press Conference
- 17:00, US Preliminary UoM Consumer Sentiment
News that moves the market:
- JP Morgan expects the Turkey Central Bank to increase the interest rate to 25% from 8.5%. Meanwhile, USDTRY gained 19% over the last weeks.
- The nearest ECB rate hike is likely to be not the last in the current hiking season.
- BOE’s member Haskel said, “Further increases in interest rates cannot be ruled out,” meaning that the bank will continue to increase rates.
- Around 100 countries that account for 95% of global GDP are investigating the Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs). The world is moving to the next form of money.
- Tether (USDT) printed a fresh $1 billion.
- FedWatch: “Markets expect a 75% probability of pause in the rate hikes from the US Fed.”
Gold analysis ahead of the week
The metal formed several sweet-looking levels both above and beyond the current price. Trading in the range requires us to be patient and wait for our trade levels to be touched.
In the current conditions, we will seek short trades near the 200-MA (dark line) and long trades near the support of $1935.
The dollar's status as the world's reserve currency could only be recovered if the US controls its spending. The huge budget deficit and rising interest rates on the US national debt should scare every American, analysts say. Read the full report to learn more!
The Japanese yen fell to its lowest level against the US dollar in 33 years. Read the full report to learn the next target for USDJPY!
The US stock market fell in the third quarter. What's going on and why economists think that the last quarter will be better? Let's discuss it all here.
BlackRock CEO forecasts the Fed may have to raise rates further. The US dollar index (DXY) gains 130 points today. Read the full report to get more fresh news and technical analysis!