The European Central Bank publishes the monetary policy statement alongside with an update on the interest rate on October 29, at 14:45 MT time.
Weekly Crypto News
Bitcoin is showing dramatic lows again. Today the cryptocurrency plunged to $6,624 but managed to brace energies and climbed to $7,200. Let’s look if it has enough energy to surge to $8,000.
- On March 26, a price of a bitcoin transaction fell to the record low. Users had to pay just 1 Satoshi a byte (Satoshi - the smallest unit of bitcoin that was named in honor of Satoshi Nakamoto – the creator of Bitcoin) to include their transactions in next blocks. According to bitinfocharts.com, the average commission is $1,23. In December 2017 when bitcoin was on its top, the commission was $55.
- The US Internal Revenue Service obligated taxpayers to include cryptocurrencies when filling in annual income declarations.
- Two cryptocurrency exchanges Mr. Exchange and Tokyo GateWay are closing in Japan. Both withdrew license applications to the Financial Services Agency.
- Cryptocurrency exchanges KuCoin and OKEx are deleting all pairs with Bcash from the platform.
- No one wants to be a friend with El Petro. The cryptocurrency exchange Bitfinex declared that it will never add El Petro to its platform.
- Binance is under a hackish attack again. Hackers launched a phishing version of the cryptocurrency exchange Binance’s website. Users get emails where “Binance” offers them to participate in an event of ERC20 imports. To participate, users have to give private data of their Ethereum wallets.
- The president of CBOE Global Markets Mr. Concannon asked the SEC to soften its policy in regard to exchange bitcoin goods. According to Mr. Concannon, a market is already ready for the launch of exchange traded products pegged to a bitcoin rate.
- The largest Spanish bank Santander is planning to launch an application of international money transactions on the base of Ripple.
- It is time to go. Steven Seagal left Bitcoiin2Gen after the project has gained $75 million during ICO.
- The Litecoin payment operator Litepay closed in one month after the launch.
- Vitalik Buterin offered to charge fees for the data storage in the Ethereum blockchain.
- Blockchain future is closer and closer. Ford has patented a system of cryptocurrency transactions between cars. The aim is to reduce traffic congestion. Moreover, using tokens drivers will be able to pay for the priority traffic.
- West Virginia (the USA) will implement an extramural mobile vote based on the blockchain technology. If an experiment is successful, the program will be used during general elections.
- Social networks are not going to stop. LinkedIn has started blocking cryptocurrency adds.
Bitcoin $7,194 (-4.65%)
DASH $329.55 (-0.52%)
Ethereum $407.90 (-1.61%)
Litecoin $123.83 (+2.09%)
The Bank of Canada will publish the rate statement together with the interest rate on October 28, at 17:00 MT time.
The US dollar turned to the upside on Monday. Let's discuss what to expect next from the market.
The market sentiment deteriorated because of the election uncertainty and worries about rising virus cases all over the world. Let's make some analysis!
The focus of traders’ attention shifted from Brexit and the US stimulus to the coronavirus . The WHO claimed that Europe become the new Covid-19 epicenter.
Canada will publish the monthly GDP growth on October 30 at 14:30 MT time.