In November, American consumer prices didn’t change, although held back by a steep dive in the price of gasoline…
Weekly Crypto News
Wikipedia Creator Jimmy Wales: “Right now, we are in a bubble. The crypto world is absolutely, definitely in a bubble. I don’t think there are many people who would deny that”.
Source: 3777190317 / Shutterstock.com
- Bitcoin managed to rebound from the psychological level of $7,000. Up to date, the cryptocurrency is trading above $7,400. The next aim to break is $7,600 (100-hour MA). 50-day MA is to cross the 100-day MA bottom-up. It’s a positive signal for Bitcoin. The support still lies at $7,000.
- Hackers attacked Canadian leading banks “Bank of Montreal” and “Simplii Financial”. They requested $1 million in cryptocurrency for not publishing personal data of banks’ clients.
- John McAfee plans to release his own crypto-backed fiat currency, the McAfee Redemption Unit (MRU), on June 25.
- The National Committee for the standardization of the blockchain will start working this year in China.
- President of the People's Republic of China Xi Jinping said that Chinese authorities will support a development of blockchain.
- South Korea’s National Assembly officially proposed lifting an ICO ban. Also, the Assembly offered to create legislation for cryptocurrency trading and let conduct ICO through a standing committee of the National Assembly.
- The Supreme Court of South Korea created a legal precedent, recognizing cryptocurrency as an asset that can be confiscated by a court decision.
- A ban on anonymous cryptocurrencies will be in force since the next month in Japan. It’s worth saying that local regulators are tightening a regulation of the cryptocurrency industry.
- Clients of the cryptocurrency exchange Poloniex have to provide their personal data to conduct transactions with cryptocurrencies.
- The cryptocurrency exchange Bithumb blocked accounts of clients from 11 countries. They are North Korea, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Sri Lanka, Tunisia, Yemen, Vanuatu, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ethiopia and Trinidad and Tobago. These countries don’t have a proper regulation on terrorism and laundering of money.
- A number of Lightning channels in the bitcoin network exceeded 7,000. Analysts are sure that Lightning Network can provide a revolution in the cryptocurrency industry. The bandwidth of bitcoin may surpass large payment systems, such as, for example, Visa.
- China continues to implement blockchain into different services. For example, Baidu Baike (Chinese Wikipedia) implemented blockchain to record the revision history of articles. Earlier Baidu launched a blockchain service for stock pictures.
Bitcoin $7,574 (+0.22%)
DASH $310.01 (+0.38%)
Ethereum $587 (+2.52%)
Litecoin $120.31 (+0.48%)
Safe havens such as gold and Japanese yen declined as investors sentiment was boosted by eased geopolitical tensions…
On Tuesday, the euro tacked on because market participants waited for reports on inflation and growth in the euro zone, while the Japanese yen went down after Japan’s major bank told it would be more flexible in its huge stimulus program…
On Tuesday, the evergreen buck dived because the common currency bounced off and the UK pound managed to ascend to the day’s maximums reacting to reports that British Prime Minister Theresa May is going to take control of Brexit talks…