The US PPI will come out on Thursday, May 12, at 15:30 MT time.
A lot of shaking events happened on the cryptocurrency market during the week. Be informed!
- Why now? Bloomberg and some other media gave information that Bitfinex was called to court by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission as it propped up prices of cryptocurrencies by issuing a virtual currency Tether that was not secured. The interesting fact is Bitfinex received a court summon in December, but news appeared only now. Why? Maybe to push the Bitcoin price lower. After the news appeared on Tuesday the Bitcoin price fell lower $10000.
- Even more. Tether does not cooperate with the audit company Friedman LLP. The official reason is the inability of the company to conduct an audit in a timely manner. Bad situation for Tether because of the talks around unsecured tokens USDT.
- As usual, with difficulties. Broker “Finam” became the first company who started trading Bitcoin futures of CBOE stock exchange in Russia. However, you will need a license of a qualified investor to trade.
- More ban on cryptocurrency. Ads of cryptocurrency and ICO are banned on Facebook and Instagram. The aim of it is to protect users from a scam. However, the ban is supposed to be canceled soon.
- No more anonymity. Bitfury Group announced a service Crystal for bitcoin-transactions tracking. Everyone can identify suspicious transfers and addresses that may have been involved in illegal activities.
- ICO KODAKCoin that was appointed on January 31 is delayed in several weeks because of the huge number of applications (40000). Kodak takes time to check investors’ reliability.
- El Petro will exist! The pre-ICO of the national cryptocurrency El Petro will be held on February 20. Emission of the cryptocurrency will be 100 million tokens: 38.4% is planned to be sold during pre-ICO, 44% - 1 month after, 17.6% will be kept on the account of the state administration on crypto-currencies. The starting price is $60.
- Japanese financial service company is going to inspect all crypto-exchanges after the hack of Coincheck. Maybe it will help to prevent other thefts.
- Is LiteMoneroCoin possible? The developer of Litecoin Charlie Lee and Monero Riccardo Spagni told about their plans of protocol development for atomic swaps between two cryptocurrencies and combining of two teams.
- Positive prospects at the end. The government of the capital of Taiwan and blockchain-platform IOTA agreed on creating a “smart city” in Taipei. Firstly, they will introduce the ID technology TangleID for city residents.
Bitcoin $8514 (-14.87%)
DASH $545 (-21.15%)
Ethereum $905.48 (-17.82%)
LiteCoin $121.27 (-25.02%)
The US CPI will come out on Wednesday, May 11, at 15:30 MT time (GMT+3).
Representatives from 15 oil-rich nations attend OPEC meetings. They discuss a range of issues regarding energy markets and, most importantly, agree on how much oil they will produce.
The United States will publish the Preliminary GDP on Thursday, May 26, at 15:30 GMT+3.
The Reserve Bank of New Zealand will publish a monetary policy report and make an update on the interest rate on May 25, at 05:00 GMT+3.
The Australian Bureau of Statistics will announce the updated Unemployment Rate and Employment Change data on Thursday, May 19, at 04:30 MT.