Several largest American companies will publish their financial results this week. BTCUSD and XAUUSD are skyrocketing. What's going on in the markets?
A lot of shaking events happened on the cryptocurrency market during the week. Be informed!
- Why now? Bloomberg and some other media gave information that Bitfinex was called to court by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission as it propped up prices of cryptocurrencies by issuing a virtual currency Tether that was not secured. The interesting fact is Bitfinex received a court summon in December, but news appeared only now. Why? Maybe to push the Bitcoin price lower. After the news appeared on Tuesday the Bitcoin price fell lower $10000.
- Even more. Tether does not cooperate with the audit company Friedman LLP. The official reason is the inability of the company to conduct an audit in a timely manner. Bad situation for Tether because of the talks around unsecured tokens USDT.
- As usual, with difficulties. Broker “Finam” became the first company who started trading Bitcoin futures of CBOE stock exchange in Russia. However, you will need a license of a qualified investor to trade.
- More ban on cryptocurrency. Ads of cryptocurrency and ICO are banned on Facebook and Instagram. The aim of it is to protect users from a scam. However, the ban is supposed to be canceled soon.
- No more anonymity. Bitfury Group announced a service Crystal for bitcoin-transactions tracking. Everyone can identify suspicious transfers and addresses that may have been involved in illegal activities.
- ICO KODAKCoin that was appointed on January 31 is delayed in several weeks because of the huge number of applications (40000). Kodak takes time to check investors’ reliability.
- El Petro will exist! The pre-ICO of the national cryptocurrency El Petro will be held on February 20. Emission of the cryptocurrency will be 100 million tokens: 38.4% is planned to be sold during pre-ICO, 44% - 1 month after, 17.6% will be kept on the account of the state administration on crypto-currencies. The starting price is $60.
- Japanese financial service company is going to inspect all crypto-exchanges after the hack of Coincheck. Maybe it will help to prevent other thefts.
- Is LiteMoneroCoin possible? The developer of Litecoin Charlie Lee and Monero Riccardo Spagni told about their plans of protocol development for atomic swaps between two cryptocurrencies and combining of two teams.
- Positive prospects at the end. The government of the capital of Taiwan and blockchain-platform IOTA agreed on creating a “smart city” in Taipei. Firstly, they will introduce the ID technology TangleID for city residents.
Bitcoin $8514 (-14.87%)
DASH $545 (-21.15%)
Ethereum $905.48 (-17.82%)
LiteCoin $121.27 (-25.02%)
The dollar's status as the world's reserve currency could only be recovered if the US controls its spending. The huge budget deficit and rising interest rates on the US national debt should scare every American, analysts say. Read the full report to learn more!
Chinese investors are selling the UST. Meanwhile, the earning season continues. What's going on in the markets?
The Japanese yen fell to its lowest level against the US dollar in 33 years. Read the full report to learn the next target for USDJPY!
The US stock market fell in the third quarter. What's going on and why economists think that the last quarter will be better? Let's discuss it all here.
BlackRock CEO forecasts the Fed may have to raise rates further. The US dollar index (DXY) gains 130 points today. Read the full report to get more fresh news and technical analysis!