The US NFP will be published on August 7 at 15:30 MT time.
A lot of shaking events happened on the cryptocurrency market during the week. Be informed!
- Why now? Bloomberg and some other media gave information that Bitfinex was called to court by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission as it propped up prices of cryptocurrencies by issuing a virtual currency Tether that was not secured. The interesting fact is Bitfinex received a court summon in December, but news appeared only now. Why? Maybe to push the Bitcoin price lower. After the news appeared on Tuesday the Bitcoin price fell lower $10000.
- Even more. Tether does not cooperate with the audit company Friedman LLP. The official reason is the inability of the company to conduct an audit in a timely manner. Bad situation for Tether because of the talks around unsecured tokens USDT.
- As usual, with difficulties. Broker “Finam” became the first company who started trading Bitcoin futures of CBOE stock exchange in Russia. However, you will need a license of a qualified investor to trade.
- More ban on cryptocurrency. Ads of cryptocurrency and ICO are banned on Facebook and Instagram. The aim of it is to protect users from a scam. However, the ban is supposed to be canceled soon.
- No more anonymity. Bitfury Group announced a service Crystal for bitcoin-transactions tracking. Everyone can identify suspicious transfers and addresses that may have been involved in illegal activities.
- ICO KODAKCoin that was appointed on January 31 is delayed in several weeks because of the huge number of applications (40000). Kodak takes time to check investors’ reliability.
- El Petro will exist! The pre-ICO of the national cryptocurrency El Petro will be held on February 20. Emission of the cryptocurrency will be 100 million tokens: 38.4% is planned to be sold during pre-ICO, 44% - 1 month after, 17.6% will be kept on the account of the state administration on crypto-currencies. The starting price is $60.
- Japanese financial service company is going to inspect all crypto-exchanges after the hack of Coincheck. Maybe it will help to prevent other thefts.
- Is LiteMoneroCoin possible? The developer of Litecoin Charlie Lee and Monero Riccardo Spagni told about their plans of protocol development for atomic swaps between two cryptocurrencies and combining of two teams.
- Positive prospects at the end. The government of the capital of Taiwan and blockchain-platform IOTA agreed on creating a “smart city” in Taipei. Firstly, they will introduce the ID technology TangleID for city residents.
Bitcoin $8514 (-14.87%)
DASH $545 (-21.15%)
Ethereum $905.48 (-17.82%)
LiteCoin $121.27 (-25.02%)
The market sentiment improved after the USA reported some decreasing in coronavirus hospitalizations. Gold dropped below $2 000 and the US dollar dipped down, while stocks surged. Let’s have a closer look.
The RBNZ will make the monetary policy statement on August 12 at 5:00 MT time!
The market has started the week with a mixed sentiment…